• Please log in to reply
755 replies to this topic

#1 TheMojorising

TheMojorising

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

I figure there is a ton of people out there playing games, whether they be a new release, a ten year old classic or something in between but not finding it worthwhile enough to start a thread about it or resurrecting an old one. I thought that a general convo thread like those in the green room may be an answer for those peeps not playing World of Tanks of F1 racing but still feel like contributing some conversation to the gaming section Personally - On Xbox I'm working on Skyrim at the moment and Farcry 3 - playing through it slowly but trying to pick up all the cheeves I don't yet have. After those have been played the fuck out I might work through Fallout 3 and Mass Effect trilogy again... I don't think I will be investing in any new releases until I know what the story will be with the new xbox... (unless theres an amazing deal. I kinda wanna play Injustice Gods Among Us - and Im not usually a fighting game dude) On game boy, I have a plethora of pokemon games I should probably start playing again though torn on which version to start first... Its probably time I started another playthrough of Baldurs Gate on my lappie too! :)
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that you can not be sure of their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

#2 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

On the PC really only been playing War of the Roses and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. With a little bit of Don't Starve and Faster Than Light. On the Wii U I'm playing Lego City Undercover. On the 3DS been playing Monster Hunter. I've got so much stuff I should go back to playing, but yeah. I'm also waiting for Injustice Gods Among Us to show up for the Wii U (It's in the post)

Edited by PointZeroOne, 26 April 2013 - 04:00 PM.

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#3 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Currently playing Arma 2 Wasteland mod as my online fix but it requires a bit more effort than other online shooters, so I only play when I can be bothered, which tbh isn't often lately, been sort of swapping between dead island and wow over the last few days, I'm towards the end of my 2nd playthrough of Max Payne 3, need to finish that off at some point.

Metro Last Light is looking pretty good, so started a new game on Ranger Hardcore difficulty in Metro 2033 and am thinking about giving it a fullr playthrough before mid may, although I wasn't huge fan of it.

Also been playing a little bit of Dead Rising 2: Off the Record with my missus, but haven't touched it since Dead Island Riptide came out, which we're also playing together.

Been contemplating starting a new character in Dark Souls on PC, I was at NG+ up to Ornstein and Smough with my 2h BKH build, but just cannot beat them and was never able to find a coop partner, so my enthusiasm for it died off rather quickly, although I eagerly anticipate the release of Dark Souls 2, which is getting a PC release at the same time as console.

I also wish DRH would hurry up with DayZ, I'm really looking forward to it, I was hoping The War Z would be good enough to fill the gap, but it's pretty disappointing, the combat is horrible in it, although I could say that about many games after playing any of the Arma 2 mods.

Just had my first full game of company of heroes 2 beta with dasa and rather enjoyed it, unfortunately other than a few gameplay elements and the campaign being different, it looks and feels very much like COH, which isn't a bad thing, but I was hoping they would be able to expand on it a bit more.

Ohh and tossing up on whether or not to grab a copy of Monaco, while the game doesn't look all that much (and the gameplay shown hasn't really convinced me) many journos are calling it the best coop game ever, so I'm still interested in giving it a try.

So yeah. That should start some discussion.

On the Wii U I'm playing Lego City Undercover.

I grabbed that the other week, I wanted to like it, but I'm so disappointed with the WiiU that I took the game back and put the WiiU up for sale.

The main reason I don't play games on the ps3 or 360 these days is due to how most of them run and the WiiU has not shown me that it is capable of decent performance, as every single game I have played on it has felt like it was running below 30fps.

Will be putting the money I get for the wiiu on a PS4 preorder, unless MS can sway me with their xbox announcement next month.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#4 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,490 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

iRacing. With a dash of Far Cry 3, Euro Truck Simulator, and simraceway. Playing Halo4 on Xbox every now and then.

#5 p0is0n

p0is0n

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I've mostly been playing SC2 and Path of Exile, I just got a shiny new U2713 so maybe I'll check out some other games in 1440p. :D
i7 2600k | Z68A-GD80 | 8GB RAM | CF 7970 | 120GB SSD | 1kW PSU | Butchered Case | Water Cooling | U2713H HP N40L | 16GB RAM | 7x WD 2TB | Ubuntu | ZFS

#6 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

iRacing. With a dash of Far Cry 3, Euro Truck Simulator, and simraceway.

Playing Halo4 on Xbox every now and then.

Ahh, I've gotta get back on Euro Truck Sim again, loved cruising around europe in a truck with my music blaring, great fun.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#7 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

On the Wii U I'm playing Lego City Undercover.

I grabbed that the other week, I wanted to like it, but I'm so disappointed with the WiiU that I took the game back and put the WiiU up for sale.

The main reason I don't play games on the ps3 or 360 these days is due to how most of them run and the WiiU has not shown me that it is capable of decent performance, as every single game I have played on it has felt like it was running below 30fps.

It's really the only thing I am still playing on the WiiU.

AC3, Batman, BLOPS2 just don't feel right.

Tekken I fire up every now and then, but the unlock system for customising your characters just requires so much grinding.

I read somewhere the WiiU was going to be getting the new Rainbow Six and Watch Dogs, buuut chances are they'll be cancelled like the few other games the WiiU was supposed to get as well.

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#8 A Hitman

A Hitman

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

iRacing. With a dash of Far Cry 3, Euro Truck Simulator, and simraceway.

Playing Halo4 on Xbox every now and then.

Ahh, I've gotta get back on Euro Truck Sim again, loved cruising around europe in a truck with my music blaring, great fun.

Would be better if they had a proper sounding Scania V8...

#9 Ezkaton

Ezkaton

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm still playing through Bioshock: Infinite (PC) when I can be bothered... currently it's too samey after playing the first two, so I get bored of it pretty quickly. There's also a little bit of Euro Truck Simulator 2, Trials Evolution (PC), iRacing. Re-playing through S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat with the Misery mod. A little bit of Dead Space 2 (PC) when I feel like I can handle the low FOV and claustrophobic nature of the game. It's not 'scary' in the slightest, and it's very, very predictable... but enjoyable nonetheless. Also been playing quite a lot of ARMA 2's multiplayer Wasteland 'mod', with Nuke and a few others. Not as much nowadays as we did upon first discovering it after tiring of DayZ, but every other online 'shooter' feels dull in comparison... tried to have some games of BF3 recently but just got annoyed at it... so we just keep going back to Wasteland. I jump on ARMA 3 occasionally after a few dev build updates to see how things are progressing. Other than that, not a whole lot. Tired of PS3, no good exclusives have come out in a long time now so I haven't really played anything on it in ages. Looking forward to 'The Last Of Us' and 'Beyond: Two Souls', though. Oh, and GTA V. ;)

#10 Ihsan

Ihsan

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

I'm currently playing through Fire Emblem: Awakening on my 3DS after it's finally seen a pal release. Other then that I'm just killing time in LoL or GW2 while I wait for Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen to get it's digital release this weekend.
All are welcome in wonderland ‘Till the queen screams off with your head And life will always get twisted When you’re living it through the looking glass

#11 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I wish that game would see a PC release, I'm almost tempted to grab Dark Arisen on PS3 though, $38 brand new, hard to not justify that one!

#12 Ihsan

Ihsan

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

I wish that game would see a PC release, I'm almost tempted to grab Dark Arisen on PS3 though, $38 brand new, hard to not justify that one!

Yeah, it's odd that with all the games Capcom does do PC versions of, this one hasn't had a word. Supposedly they've cleaned up the UI and improved the frame rate a little so I've got no qualms with laying down forty for an expansion pack (plus original game) for what was easily my favourite game last year. Though I think I'll make a new character, my vanilla character and pawn have stat gains all over the place. Plus that game is a lot more fun when you're in constant fear of death early game. Pity about my million odd rc going to waste. :(
All are welcome in wonderland ‘Till the queen screams off with your head And life will always get twisted When you’re living it through the looking glass

#13 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, it's odd that with all the games Capcom does do PC versions of, this one hasn't had a word. Supposedly they've cleaned up the UI and improved the frame rate a little so I've got no qualms with laying down forty for an expansion pack (plus original game) for what was easily my favourite game last year. Though I think I'll make a new character, my vanilla character and pawn have stat gains all over the place. Plus that game is a lot more fun when you're in constant fear of death early game. Pity about my million odd rc going to waste. :(

Yeah, I'm gonna get my missus to pick it up I think, I need a decent couch game.

#14 aquilus

aquilus

Master

• Atomican
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm replaying Just Cause 2, and am once again trying to conquer the whole of Panau base-by-base. I expect to be a while.

You can live in staunch denial and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny.

-Bad Religion, "The New America"

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." -Albert Einstein

#15 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm replaying Just Cause 2, and am once again trying to conquer the whole of Panau base-by-base.

I expect to be a while.

Shit. I forgot they had a beta weekend for JC2 MP last week =(

*EDIT* Score! They extended it til the 28th, I know what I'll be playing a bit later :P

Edited by NukeJockey, 26 April 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#16 TheMojorising

TheMojorising

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm replaying Just Cause 2, and am once again trying to conquer the whole of Panau base-by-base.

I expect to be a while.

*EDIT* Score! They extended it til the 28th, I know what I'll be playing a bit later :P

I fucking love JC2

Multiplayer? Wow. That could be really fucking great!
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that you can not be sure of their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

#17 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,922 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

I played Sim City for a week or two on release. Other than that, the only game I've played this year - and recently, at least - is Terraria. Finally almost have the fucker beaten.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#18 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

I expect to be a while.

I fucking love JC2

Multiplayer? Wow. That could be really fucking great!

It's just a mod for a game with zero netcode, so its pretty dodgy at times, but it can be heaps of fun, hit me up on steam if you wanna give it a bash, i don't have anyone to try the mp out with.

#19 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,276 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

PC based only. Company of heroes Blitzkrieg mod and Battlefield 2 AIX 2.0 mod.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#20 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I've gone semi-pro with World of Tanks :p Earnings in the last month $370 AUD.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users