803 replies to this topic

#41 TheMojorising

TheMojorising

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Anyone picked up Monaco yet?

Little top down view, indy, heist game. Many reviews saying its the best Coop ever. Many others saying its REAL coop, as in, you CANNOT succeed without your team mates pulling their weight, apparantly you can all work together to accomplish some really awesome heists. It has a charming art style, basically 3D 8-bit style pixel art graphics, really cool.

Posted Image

Yeah I checked it out after the penny arcade visit.

Does look real interesting!

Would likely run on my lappie - though I could get it on xbox too...

hmmm

I'm somewhat tempted!
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that you can not be sure of their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

#42 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

I actually haven't considered Monaco yet but speaking of Monaco, I was wondering if anyone has played Miami Hotline. I'm just at the tipping point of buying it but I'm just not sure.

Yup, got it for $5 a while back, played through it to the end.

Loved the sound track and the gameplay was very satisfying, interesting story too, worth the asking price imo.

Yeah I checked it out after the penny arcade visit.

Does look real interesting!

Would likely run on my lappie - though I could get it on xbox too...

hmmm

I'm somewhat tempted!

I'm really enjoying it, it brings out the perfectionist in me. Still haven't tried the coop, but if the singleplayer is anything to go by, then its going to be awesome.

Edited by NukeJockey, 30 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#43 meowkitty

meowkitty

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

WoW - Mists of Pandaria. Stopped playing Need for speed world when I needed to pay $25 to have a competative car. because built up skill and in game cash at still 10% down on pure cash. sad face. I was enjoying it as a basic driving game. Stopped playing SW:TOR. enjoyed it early but was a bit burnt on MMO grind and only groupign with frinds was fun. which is hard when others ar eon shift work. let it slip to free, which was OK, ish. and then Free to play went to Not worth playign free, at all, should have spent our money on the game and nto talked shit about a free to play system. Pulled back from BF3, for the same hard to team with friends reason. did have a friend but for soem reason he would go ADD and leave me to team with randoms and hope. still pop in because it still enjoyable.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, GB Radion R9 285, Zalman CNPS9900MAX, 2x 8GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHz, 1x 2TB Seagate 6GB/s (For OS), 1x 120GB Corsair Neutron, GB 970A-D3P, Corsair RM750, Corsair 750D

#44 p0is0n

p0is0n

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Oh, and what is NJ playing at the moment?

Bloody everything!

Seriously, if anyone has a bigger collection of games than NJ, I'll be very surprised. ;-)

Its sad, isn't it?

I'm not that far behind you in spend!

I have more games though!

There you go frobozz, PZO beats me!

I win oldest steam account..
http://steamdb.info/...amp;currency=au

I am pretty sure that I spent several hundred hours in HL1/HL2/L4D etc. and a few other games, but that maybe the whole steam counting hours thing is a newer feature.
Doesn't seem like an accurate representation anyway, although in the last few years I've not been playing as much on steam.

Edit: The hours played is just wrong for many of those games actually :(

Edited by p0is0n, 30 April 2013 - 01:24 PM.

i7 2600k | Z68A-GD80 | 8GB RAM | CF 7970 | 120GB SSD | 1kW PSU | Butchered Case | Water Cooling | U2713H HP N40L | 16GB RAM | 7x WD 2TB | Ubuntu | ZFS

#45 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Oh, and what is NJ playing at the moment?

Bloody everything!

Seriously, if anyone has a bigger collection of games than NJ, I'll be very surprised. ;-)

Its sad, isn't it?

I'm not that far behind you in spend!

I have more games though!

There you go frobozz, PZO beats me!

I win oldest steam account..
http://steamdb.info/...amp;currency=au

I am pretty sure that I spent several hundred hours in HL1/HL2/L4D etc. and a few other games, but that maybe the whole steam counting hours thing is a newer feature.
Doesn't seem like an accurate representation anyway, although in the last few years I've not been playing as much on steam.

Edit: The hours played is just wrong for many of those games actually :(

My first steam account is from late 2003 i believe. But something weird happened with it, back when steam was new and I got a new copy of DOD and made a new steam account with it, ended up getting access to it again eventually, the userID is around 1.5 million lower on it than my current one.

Before steam started tracking hours, I used to use Xfire, stopped using it back in 2007 for a while, then started using it again a few years back, but stopped coz it used to break a lot of games.

http://www.xfire.com...file/nukejockey
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#46 TheMojorising

TheMojorising

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Back onto World of Tanks at lowest settings on my not-for-gaming-lappy I've played 30 odd minutes of Dark Souls on xbox - wow not forgiving at all. About to start playing Alan Wake - and still need to work my way through Farcry 3, Skyrim and a few others. I really wouldn't mind playing a little red dead redemption but some whore lost my disc.
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that you can not be sure of their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

#47 te0p

te0p

Master

• Atomican
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Rising Storm, im just getting a feel for it. (sometimes play some GTR Evolution, Race 07 add on) Hill top climber on Android. This game is addictive. yet i know it is stupid. How does that work?

#48 Ezkaton

Ezkaton

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I've played 30 odd minutes of Dark Souls on xbox - wow not forgiving at all.

Demon's Souls was even less so. :p

#49 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

FTL, Trials Gold Edition, War of the Roses. I've got so many other games I could be playing but these are good short burst games.

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#50 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,217 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

I needed something I could play for a few days and then not get caught up in. Diablo 3 seemed to do it. Got the last three levels of my monk to hit 60, and by the time I got all three NPCs to 60, too, I'd hit 60.1. Inferno on /players 10 (I misread the scaling) was pretty lolwtf Not sure I CBF sinking much more time into it, tho'. The set pieces I had my eye on are going for horrible prices. Horrible for me - there's a year of inflation to fight against.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#51 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Gunpoint, Grid 2, Rising Storm, Prison Architect, Project Zomboid and Resident Evil Revelations are the current games I'm playing, none of them is enough to hold me for days on end, but splitting my time between all these means I have a whole bunch of different genres to play, so I'm not getting bored of any of them yet. Recently finished Dishonored and Metro Last Light aswell, really enjoyed Dishonored for what it was, bought the Knife of Dunwall DLC as soon as I finished the game, but I'm not enjoying it anywhere near as much. Metro I'll be keeping an eye on the DLC for, as I really really enjoyed my playthrough, started again on Ranger Hardcore, but the game is still a little too fresh in my memory, I'll probably play through it again one weekend in the future when I have nothing to do.

Edited by NukeJockey, 04 June 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#52 Dasa

Dasa

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 14,848 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

company of heroes
metro ll
civ v
neverwinter online
baldurs gate and soon its remake mod on the nwn2 engine its 50% uploaded although the upload may fail again... http://social.biowar...ndex/3120312/50

Silverstone TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2100\9600MHz  -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme  - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM
Parts Guide

#53 discoInferno

discoInferno

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Civ V which I picked up on sale for $10 recently, and still keep heading back to BF3 for a quick blast.
Intel Core i5 3570K | NZXT Havik 140 | Asus P8Z77-M Pro | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL | Asus GTX670 DCU2 | Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD | Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HDD | Corsair AX-650 | Silverstone FT03B | Lite-On DL-4ETS Slot Load Slim Blu-ray | Apple Aluminium Keyboard | Logitech G5 | Dell U2412M

#54 Ezkaton

Ezkaton

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Just got Wargame: Airland Battle, and Remember Me. Hopefully neither of them suck, and both hold my attention for more than 30 minutes at a time. :) Been itching for something new and different to play since finishing up Metro LL. Not too big on RTS, as the last one I actually enjoyed was the original Red Alert back in its day. But I'm hearing good things about Airland Battle so I'm gonna give it a bash. Otherwise I've just been playing ARMA II Wasteland online, and a tad of Batman: Arkham City which I've slowly been getting into... originally I didn't really like it. Tried GRID 2, played upto getting the Dodge Charger for my garage, but nothing about the game holds my interest. Extremely dull.

#55 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,502 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

I've got the Arma III alpha recently. Haven't had time to get dirty with it, but soon... Played a bit of RaceRoom Racing Experience over the last week or so.

#56 Ezkaton

Ezkaton

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've got the Arma III alpha recently. Haven't had time to get dirty with it, but soon...

Played a bit of RaceRoom Racing Experience over the last week or so.

Both excellent, and both slowly improving.
Do you know if RaceRoom has multiplayer or TrackIR support yet?

#57 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,502 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Not sure.

#58 Genisis X

Genisis X

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

bf3 vanilla. Haven't bought a single expansion pack for it and now with bf4 around the corner I don't really want to... Now I've got a decent connection I'm enjoying it. Wish there was more people with headsets like there were back in the days of 2142 though... -X
"We were being told that we must become what we are not, sacrificing what we are to inherit the masquerade of what we will be. I was being told to accept the identity that others will give me. And I wondered, what made my dreams so easy to dismiss?" Shane Koyczan

#59 corky

corky

Master

• Atomican
  • 945 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

re oldest steam account: http://steamdb.info/...amp;currency=au

i don't miss by much and oh god how i hate those holiday sales...

i just have a few games too choose from (currently at 311)......
Xigmatek Elysium Case - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard - Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ Stock - Swiftech H220 AIO Cooler - G.Skill 16GB 2400 Memory - 2 x MSI HD7970 3GB Twin Frozr III 1050/1375 - Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD (OS) - OCZ 240GB (EA + Blizz) - 1TB Samsung EVO (Steam) - Corsair HX1000AU PSU http://battlelog.bat...s/174269412/pc/

#60 Mademan

Mademan

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Playing through Metro Last Light now that uni has finished. It's been pretty good so far, although the game's checkpoints are often at the absolute worst moments. I've had to restart entire levels because it will have autosaved at a point where I've run out of gas mask filters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users