140 replies to this topic

#1 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Atomic Meet 13: [Bring It] Brisbane
Come get your warm on in latitudinally-advantaged Brisbane at Atomic Meet 13!

Practicalities
Date: Saturday August 31
Where: The Brekky Creek Hotel
When: 6pm onwards

Pre-Meet BBQ: Southbank Parklands, midday Saturday (catered by BrisAtomic volunteers).
Southbank Map. Aim for the grassy areas near the Suncorp Piazza and keep your eyes open :-) (and get my phone number if need be!)

Spread The Word
FaceBookians! Someone wish to farm this out? (I don't have any Atomicans on FB.)
BrisAtomicans! You have no excuses!
Everyone else! PM, email, text. Plus ones are welcome!

Confirmed Attendees: (might be a good idea to reply once you've confirmed as I will be arranging a couple of spesh things for attendees and it will help to have names/numbers... /mysterious)
elvenwhore
Master_Scythe
Jedi_Vader20
Cybes
Doc Forrest
Myra`Jai
Firminius
AboodY
ozella luvenia
Spookywanluke
ReapermanRS
pappes
littlebugger
Ratticus
Gas Lee
strifus
elven's whore

Maybe's:
BookWorm.303
Cybes

The aftermath: photos:
Cybes' pics
My pics

Edited by elvenwhore, 01 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#2 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,715 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm in! Got family not far out of town, so I might even extend the visit a little. :)

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#3 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'll bring my sexy self along. P-A-R-T-Y?

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#4 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'll be there and I've already created a Faceberk group. Just need some more members to add to it only about 30 on there so far.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#5 Foods

Foods

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

I'm out for all of August. So talk amongst yourselves. '
When life gives you lemons, say "Fuck the lemons" and bail.

#6 smadge1

smadge1

Titan

• Atomican
  • 25,686 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

depends if pants are optional
Put your monkey where your mouth is. These are the voyages of the starship Lucy Liu. What's On My Mind? http://twitter.com/smadge1 http://smadge1.tumblr.com/

#7 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,715 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Realised the other day that the either date for this thing is a few days either side of my bro's b'day, so I'll definitely be extending the stay a bit.

#8 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

depends if pants are optional

If Foods isn't coming then yes.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#9 Zzozzach

Zzozzach

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Cool, I'll be in this. I think I'm supposed to be doing some driver training with QFRS on one of those weekends so I won't nominate one just yet. Once I have a firm date I can commit to one. Anyone thought of a venue yet?
The poster formerly known as Chazzozz. * Still an enthusiastic Opera user. Try it, you'll like it: http://www.opera.com/download/ * I love torrenting MAME and Pinball emulators. One day I may even use the software.

#10 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Venue, no, not yet on account of me being in Europe until the end of the month. Unless you guys want to have it at Sababurg Castle, which is where I am today :-p It's awesome, i can vouch for it. No? Geez, tough crowd :-p For the record, I'm happy to work alongside others (is, nobody should assume I want to bulldoze this "my" way, but at the same time, I don't think there's been too much movement thus far) but it's been a bit quiet on the EOI front in general. Anyway :-) Keep the discussions happening! :-) Edit: seriously the discussions happening, or this thing still may not get off the ground.

Edited by elvenwhore, 17 May 2013 - 05:38 AM.

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#11 Chuck Norris(good actor

Chuck Norris(good actor

Titan

• Hero
  • 32,238 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Sunnybank hotel!!!
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."

#12 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

No idea what the hotel is like; but as long as you dont have good rims to get nicked off your car; and you like asian food; its a great place to get a meal!

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#13 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,715 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Unless you guys want to have it at Sababurg Castle...

[...]

Anyway :-) Keep the discussions happening! :-)

Edit: seriously the discussions happening, or this thing still may not get off the ground.

Personally, I'd love to have it in a castle, but something tells me the turnout will be rather minimal if we go for a venue in Europe. ;)

I don't know what more conversation there is for those of us out of state to add. We have a narrow window to aim for, if not a specific date, and that's probably sufficient for most of us to make at least preliminary travel arrangements. We can probably all wait rather more than a month before making accommodation arrangements becomes pressing.

#14 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

I am in for sure, unless for some reason I don't get back from my trip to Singapore that month.
Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, EVGA 670GTX, 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#15 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Unless you guys want to have it at Sababurg Castle...

[...]

Anyway :-) Keep the discussions happening! :-)

Edit: seriously the discussions happening, or this thing still may not get off the ground.

Personally, I'd love to have it in a castle, but something tells me the turnout will be rather minimal if we go for a venue in Europe. ;)

I don't know what more conversation there is for those of us out of state to add. We have a narrow window to aim for, if not a specific date, and that's probably sufficient for most of us to make at least preliminary travel arrangements. We can probably all wait rather more than a month before making accommodation arrangements becomes pressing.

There is a rentable castle designed for parties and functions about 45mins out of Brisbane, toward ipswitch.

#16 greycat

greycat

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Assuming work won't get in the way, count me in Reaperman, could you please add me to the fb group?

Edited by greycat, 20 May 2013 - 12:23 AM.

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

#17 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,970 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I've spammed out invites for it.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#18 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

There's a good little beardy.

#19 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,351 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

He did indeed.

Unfortunately I'll be keeping my Atomic Meet cherry...
Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

#20 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

*sob* but i want to meet people! pop that cherry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users