• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#41 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I knew she'd come through :) fantastic person ^~^ was simply a "just in case" suggestion. Look forward to hearing more :D:D

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#42 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Someone should SMS elven if you have her number. she may have forgotten :P

No, I haven't forgotten, just busily working on it behind the scenes - by myself, if you'll remember :-p

And the only weekend in the next two-and-a-bit months that I'm not working is August 31, so that's it, boys and girls :-) We are indebted to my +1, incidentally, who has done something behind the scenes to almost single-handedly ensure this happens.

Pre-meet BBQ on the Saturday. That seems more Brisbane's style than a restaurant lunch meet :-) Was thinking Southbank. Actual Meet venue, Brekky Creek Hotel.

edit: speaking of SMS'ing - that was a cracking idea, MS :-) Anyone missing my number?

Edited by elvenwhore, 06 July 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#43 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

ironically; yes EDIT: also if you need a specific hand with something; just ask.

Edited by Master_Scythe, 06 July 2013 - 10:31 PM.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#44 melthar

melthar

Master

• Hero
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

The Breakfast Creek Hotel? Isn't that place up for sale? I imagine the sale will go through much quicker with the current change of cabinet.

#45 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

I suppose I better cook up that accommodation thread.

Edited by Jedi_Vader20, 06 July 2013 - 11:44 PM.

i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (TurboBoost ON) | Corsair H100 | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | 16 GB Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | Gigabyte GTX 580 1.5GB | 120GB OCZ Vertex III, 2x2TB WD Caviar Green | Pioneer BDR-202 | Corsair HX-650 | Coolermaster 690-II Advanced | Benq V4200W | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700

#46 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,970 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Would it be best for people to walk from Bowen Hills station, or ferry/bus/cab would be easier (assuming they're not staying within walking distance, eg CBD/Southbank/The Valley)?
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#47 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

Bowen Hills station to the brekky creek hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk, just over a km. Assuming you're staying in the city, a split cab might be easier. Also, I suppose confirming is what all the cool kids are doing.
i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (TurboBoost ON) | Corsair H100 | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | 16 GB Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | Gigabyte GTX 580 1.5GB | 120GB OCZ Vertex III, 2x2TB WD Caviar Green | Pioneer BDR-202 | Corsair HX-650 | Coolermaster 690-II Advanced | Benq V4200W | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700

#48 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

https://www.facebook...n_mall_activity

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#49 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

As of ~midnight Thur/Fri, my right ear has almost no hearing at all. Urgent visits to audiologist etc have ensued, culminating today: they took one look at my medical history and have me booked for MRIs and taking steroids again. At this moment, I still think I can make it to this Meet. If I'm not there, though, you know why. :P

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#50 stuub27

stuub27

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

As of ~midnight Thur/Fri, my right ear has almost no hearing at all. Urgent visits to audiologist etc have ensued, culminating today: they took one look at my medical history and have me booked for MRIs and taking steroids again.

At this moment, I still think I can make it to this Meet. If I'm not there, though, you know why. :P

Wishing you the best with that!

#51 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Wishing you the best with that!

Thanks.

Been something like 15 years since the last lot of medical bullshit. I do not need more.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#52 greycat

greycat

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

There are buses that go closer to the pub, for anyone who'd rather not walk from the train or pay for a cab. Elven, I do not have your number. Still got fingers crossed I get the night off work altogether - if not, I'll be there before and/or after work. My manager wouldn't stop me taking the night off, but he *will* cry if I do.
I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

#53 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Good luck, Cybes!

I will do a comprehensive public transport post detailing the best ways to get there, so for visitors, don't worry about trying to figure that out on your own. We'll look after you :-) Aaaaand PM's will be sent with contact deets :-)
Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#54 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Can I suggest badges? Just cheap plastic\paper slip ones. Avatar Username Real name. How else are we going to recognize each other? Except elven. She's a female, ON THE INETERNET! (and a few others i guess :P)

Edited by Master_Scythe, 10 July 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#55 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Already on it, Scythe :-) because you're right, keeping tabs of people is a bit much to ask. I'm horrible remembering names!

#56 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

I forwent nametags because a) I'm a cheap bastard, and b) it's not hard (even for us!) to ask who someone is if you don't recognise them.

Besides, everyone ends up wearing Virt nametags anyway ; )

What would be cool would be RFID tags!
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#57 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

I liked the bit last year where people kept introducing me to other people as Director.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#58 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ohhhhh yeah, I forgot about that bloody "tradition" :-p I think it was plebs one year :-) I wonder who it will be this year? :-p

#59 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

I can get cheap printing at my place of employment (officeworks) should we need nametags printed :)

#60 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

lol our printer broke down last night, but even if it hadn't, I was planning going to OfficeWorks to get it printed anyway. Spooky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users