• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

I might try to make it. I am on-call that night but hopefully nothing happens. :) See you guys there.
Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, EVGA 670GTX, 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#122 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

ITS BLACK NOW? D:

TOTALLY IS! :-p

I might try to make it. I am on-call that night but hopefully nothing happens. :) See you guys there.

Would love to see you there :-)

Anyone got a bead on jdog?? He's always complaining he never gets to come to Brisbane meets :-)
Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#123 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

ITS BLACK NOW? D:

TOTALLY IS! :-p

Would love to see you there :-)

Anyone got a bead on jdog?? He's always complaining he never gets to come to Brisbane meets :-)

I've signed into steam mobile. If he signs in I'll catch him :-)

I am beginning to get excite!

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#124 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Awesome :-) By the way, for those who don't know me, if you think you see me, yell out :-) Elven or elvenwhore, it doesn't matter :-) I only mention it because people sometimes get a bit shy about it but I'm totally fine with having "elvenwhore" being yelled at me :-p Edit: best laid plans, huh... we are stuck in really bad traffic... gone nowhere for 20 minutes so far... fingers crossed! :-)

Edited by elvenwhore, 31 August 2013 - 11:13 AM.

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#125 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,066 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

I suggest you fill time and have a 2pm BBQ or something elven, simply because you're going to have nothing to do between eating, and 6pm at the BCH. Jdog lives 2 streets from me, unfortunately, I don't know which house. On the flip side, I dont think I'll be making the BBQ, this weekend is TOO busy. I will however be at the meet, very much so!

Edited by Master_Scythe, 31 August 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#126 Gas Lee

Gas Lee

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

I am sat down on a piece of green concrete directly over from the piazza. The traffic on Stanley street is pretty crappy.
-What we know is almost nothing at all-

#127 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Isn't it?? We have a BBQ at Riverside Green (the "top" one if you're looking at the map I linked) and I am outside the Piazza now :-)

#128 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,066 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

let me nkow when you have plans between BBQ and BCH, i might catch up :)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#129 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

It begins! Already had an adventure with strifus :-) We have reserved a seated area inside the Rum Bar portion of the Brekky Creek, behind the frosted glass.

#130 pappes

pappes

Guru

• Atomican
  • 8,859 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well there are 2 splinter groups in addition to the main group. Some went next door for food. 4 went Spanish for food and there are the campers . Plus the pikers of course. Will reform after sustainence Edit: splinter groups have reformed. Still at rumbar waiting for pikers Edit: given up on pikers, most went to Mana bar, I went to catch up n ZZZZ's

Edited by pappes, 31 August 2013 - 10:11 PM.

My moma always said I was special

#131 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yep, Meet evolved to Mana Bar :-)

#132 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Doc Forrest has Marvel vs Capcom hax.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#133 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Indeed he does.
i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (TurboBoost ON) | Corsair H100 | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | 16 GB Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | Gigabyte GTX 580 1.5GB | 120GB OCZ Vertex III, 2x2TB WD Caviar Green | Pioneer BDR-202 | Corsair HX-650 | Coolermaster 690-II Advanced | Benq V4200W | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700

#134 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Its a horrible game I was playing it last night. I was there a bit earlier.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#135 Elfarch

Elfarch

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

I trust you all had fun and am waiting on the pics. Hope you're not paying for the evening this morn. :{) I did arrange the time off but didn't book in in case what happened happened i.e., laid out with a bout of the deep darks at home. /sigh The moderate flair up in the chronic generalised body pain is easily ignornored but curling up with the mind lost in a void is not conducive to driving.
LIFE! Gotta be in it to lose it!

#136 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Had to leave just after 2200 but all in all it was a nice easy going night. Hope it keeps going.
Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, EVGA 670GTX, 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#137 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,947 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

http://imgur.com/a/6v3BG#0

That's a raw dump from 'phone camera - no processing to sharpen, improve contrast, clear things up, or add party hats.

My apologies to those people who's names I have forgotten, missed, or mis-identified. Please feel free to correct me here or on album comments - I'll fix 'em...well, sometime.

I hope the other camera-flashes I saw that evening lead to posts as well.

And no, I didn't plan it that way. ;P

Edited by Cybes, 01 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#138 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Great stuff, Cybes! :-)

Here's our pics... well, the best ones :-)

So that's it, done and dusted! Thank you very much to everyone who came out, particularly the lovely ReapermanRS and Cybes for coming so far just to come out and play with us :-)

The pre-meet started a bit hectically as elven's whore and myself got a bit stuck in traffic. We ended up having to bargain/negotiate/plead to share the BBQ station with another group, although they were lovely about it and even offered to share some of their food with us. I left E'sW to start the BBQing and went off in search of Atomicans... rounding a corner, I could hear someone talking about chip speed so I knew instantly I found the right people :-p After the BBQ, we went in search of ice-cream. We won't talk about what happened after that although we do have a pic of it :-( (I'm looking at you, ReapermanRS!).

After the afternoon shenanigans, it was time to split off and get ready for the evening. We arrived at the BCH and E'sW somehow managed to charm the bar manager into letting us take over an entire seating area for the evening, so that was handy :-) Shortly after we arrived, strifus appeared having seen us get out of the taxi and thought he may have recognised us from the pic I posted - so, strifus, not only are you just a delight and I hope to see you around more, but you get epic wootie points for spotting us. and the same goes to spooky for finding us and knowing, if just by sensing it, "ah, these must be Atomicans!" :-)

Not everyone made it to the Mana Bar that evening, but we stopped by, if only briefly, to cap off the night. After some epic discussion, the meet came to an end as we all went our separate ways. And we retired home, only to get up a few hours later to run the Bridge to Brisbane... oh yes, there were some choice words when the alarm went off :-p

Again, thank you very much to everyone who came out. It was awesome to catch up with you all and meet some new faces. I do apologise I/we couldn't put more of a show on for you but if nothing else, hopefully we have galvanised our resolve towards the forum and next year's meet.

OP has been updated with links to photos :-)

#139 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,947 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Missing names filled in. How long did you guys go on after I bugged out?

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#140 Doc Forrest

Doc Forrest

Charge

• Atomican
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I honestly had never played that game before in my life. That being said, I absolutely dusted Reaperman.
Normal is just a setting on the washing machine. Life is too short to waste drinking bad coffee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users