• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hey Guys, Been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting. Basically, I'm having storage issues with my phone. My girlfriend has a Galaxy s2 through Optus and I have one through Telstra. The phone has 2gb of system storage and the rest is usb storage or whatever they call it. Anyway, my phone is constantly running out of space, I have maybe 6-7 apps installed, all under 50mb and the internal storage is out of space. When I look at the storage, it says "Total Space 1.97gb - Applications: 350mb - Free Space: 350mb (that was after deleting half a dozen other apps). On my girlfriends phone, it says she has 700mb worth of apps installed and still has .99gb of free space on there. So why does mine have around 1.2gb that is not accounted for? Surely Android couldn't be that large? I've tried doing a full format/factory reset of the phone and this hasn't helped. Even now with 350mb free, I'm still getting errors about insufficient storage when any of my apps try and auto update. Anyone got any ideas about what I can do to fix this? Its really pissing me off that I can't even install a 10mb update or download and install any more apps. Cheers.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#2 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

quick google shows this is a common problem. Have you tried doing a factory reset? Are you running a custom rom?

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#3 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Running the stock Telstra Rom and yeah, I have tried a factory reset as a I mentioned above.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#4 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Install this, https://play.google....e=search_result see what is taking up the space?

Edited by PointZeroOne, 03 October 2013 - 03:11 PM.

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#5 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Sorry, forgot to check back on this thread. I downloaded the app you linked, however I need to root my device to view the internal storage. Probably also going to need to use some form of program or console command or something via the PC to delete whatever it is that is taking up the space. Thinking maybe I should just download a new Rom/OS/whatever you call it, as I have to root my device anyway. *EDIT* So I managed to root the phone and using a program from the play store called file manager, I browsed the Data folder to find a "Log" folder that was taking up nearly 1.5gb of space, full of log files of differing names. A quick google showed this was the same for other people and that it was safe to delete the log folder, so I did that, I now have 1.44gb of free space. I have no idea what was creating these logs, but if it starts happening again I will look at installing a different version of android on there.

Edited by NukeJockey, 10 October 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#6 p0is(+)n

p0is(+)n

Learner

• Atomican
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

sounds like same issue I had before:
http://forums.atomic...showtopic=54316

glad you got it sorted, i ended up switching rom and it has't occured again.

#7 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Ahhh, it was you... I remember seeing that thread a while ago and had a quick look for it but couldn't remember who posted it. So yours was related to Log files as well?

#8 p0is(+)n

p0is(+)n

Learner

• Atomican
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ahhh, it was you... I remember seeing that thread a while ago and had a quick look for it but couldn't remember who posted it. So yours was related to Log files as well?

dunno, probably could have been. I was missing a lot of space, wasn't showing up as available or used - couldn't track down the source but didn't google very hard. Just erased it and installed a new rom.

#9 lolantana

lolantana

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

you can retrieve data by yourself. There are programs to do that. For example  My Device Manager

I used it few times.

it's free and it works as good as can be expected. The main thing is to stop using the external hard disk until you use this tool, and avoid writing any files to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users