• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Hey guys. Since we are clearly overdue for a meet, Beardmaster and I have schemed to run an afternoon/evening grub meet. Beardmaster has opened his house to us from mid afternoon onwards on friday, we're gonna do a barbecue. Meat is provided, BYOB, bring salad if you want it. All happening 24th of Jan (friday afternoon/evening), PM beardmaster if you need the address.
Kablez- You can only beat a brick wall with so many sticks until... you wasted all your time collecting and breaking sticks against a wall... Tantryl- Knowledge is the new power, but will never provide a stable baseload as cost effective as burning puppies. mm80x: I allege that Sir substance must be from the internet

#2 beardmaster

beardmaster

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Hey guys. Since we are clearly overdue for a meet, Beardmaster and I have schemed to run an afternoon/evening grub meet.

Beardmaster has opened his house to us from mid afternoon onwards on friday, we're gonna do a barbecue.

Meat is provided, BYOB, bring salad if you want it.

All happening 24th of Jan (friday afternoon/evening), PM beardmaster if you need the address.

All of the above is true, Subs isn't planning a home invasion using you all as bait.

However he failed to mention that salad will be looked upon as cowardly, for meat is glorious. Expect large amounts of drinking (from me at least), a beer horn, funnel and other feats of alcoholic engineering will be available upon request.

Feel free to bring a partner in crime or three, just try to get numbers to me ASAP, or at least by around the 20th, so I make sure we don't starve.

You are all encouraged to grow beards, or failing that wear a funny hat.
Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.

#3 Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

However he failed to mention that salad will be looked upon as cowardly, for meat is glorious.

I may have to bring some of the famous family potato salad, and make you eat those words!
Kablez- You can only beat a brick wall with so many sticks until... you wasted all your time collecting and breaking sticks against a wall... Tantryl- Knowledge is the new power, but will never provide a stable baseload as cost effective as burning puppies. mm80x: I allege that Sir substance must be from the internet

#4 beardmaster

beardmaster

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

However he failed to mention that salad will be looked upon as cowardly, for meat is glorious.

I may have to bring some of the famous family potato salad, and make you eat those words!

I shall be much too busy eating meat to eat words.
Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.

#5 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

24th, eh? I'll see - that end of the month is unaccustomedly rather busy, by my standards. It is indeed a well-overdue happening, and may well be my last opportunity to meet the ADL locals.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#6 beardmaster

beardmaster

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

24th, eh? I'll see - that end of the month is unaccustomedly rather busy, by my standards.

It is indeed a well-overdue happening, and may well be my last opportunity to meet the ADL locals.

It's now also a totally unauthorised going away party, so feel obligated to come and partay. Ill even lend you a viking hat if you want.

#7 stadl

stadl

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'll attend (after work) I will bring a pasta salad (not sure if it counts as salad when there is more bacon than veg in it)

A device so simple that it took a mind as brilliant as mine to create it! So brilliant, in fact, that simply by harnessing the power of one live frog, it... it... uhh... <poke> <poke> ... World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Talk amongst yourselves.

#8 Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

There's parsley on steaks, so there must be a line somewhere!

#9 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

Looks like I have a slot. Thank ghu for heat-stressed photographers. So, can I get a lift with someone going that way, or do I need to arrange my own?

#10 beardmaster

beardmaster

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Looks like I have a slot. Thank ghu for heat-stressed photographers.

So, can I get a lift with someone going that way, or do I need to arrange my own?

Huzzah! If you can't find a lift man, let me know and I'll do a turbo driveby while praying the house doesn't burn down.

#11 beardmaster

beardmaster

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

And it looks like I've secured the use of a full size glass yard glass. Any who are game to try are welcome to become heroes.

#12 stadl

stadl

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

So, can I get a lift with someone going that way, or do I need to arrange my own?

I can give you a lift, but due to work commitments, it'd be 6:30-7ish

A device so simple that it took a mind as brilliant as mine to create it! So brilliant, in fact, that simply by harnessing the power of one live frog, it... it... uhh... <poke> <poke> ... World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Talk amongst yourselves.

#13 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Huzzah! The house just listed!

Photos look awesome: I live here already, and they make me want to buy the place! ;) That's some photographer.

Thanks for the offer, Stadl. I'll let you know soon.

#14 Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

#15 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

realestate.com.au You know the suburb to look for.

#16 stadl

stadl

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Sorry meant to jump on and post earlier. Thanks Beardmaster (and Ms B) for hosting and providing fine food - the BBQ and cupcakes were great Was great to catch up with people again and meet a few new people too.

#17 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

I am also remiss in not posting sooner. Many thanks for the malt. Thanks and appreciation for the gustatory delights of the day. :) Things are looking stellar atm as far as the sale goes, but even if someone signs the papers today, I'll be here for about 2 months judging by the experiences of most people I've spoken to.

#18 stadl

stadl

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Things are looking stellar atm as far as the sale goes, but irregardless if someone signs the papers today, I'll be here for about 2 months judging by the experiences of most people I've spoken to.

Fixed :P

#19 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,713 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

*Smack*

#20 beardmaster

beardmaster

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

It was a pleasure having you guys over, glad you liked the feed. We'll have to do another meet sooner, rather than later. I'm thinking a minimum of every 3 months or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users