Photo

Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

Poll: How long ago did you join Atomic forums? (226 member(s) have cast votes)

It doesn't have to be exact, just an estimate is okay!

1. Less than 3 months (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Less than 6 months (1 votes [0.43%])

Percentage of vote: 0.43%

3. Less than 1 year (2 votes [0.86%])

Percentage of vote: 0.86%

4. Somewhere from 1 year to 3 years (5 votes [2.16%])

Percentage of vote: 2.16%

5. Somewhere from 3 years to 5 years (11 votes [4.74%])

Percentage of vote: 4.74%

6. Over 5 years (64 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

7. Over 10 years (149 votes [64.22%])

Percentage of vote: 64.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,435 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Okay, so I was wondering (due to a discussion in another thread - http://forums.atomic...howtopic=55689) about the general length of membership of our currently active members.

UUrrrghghghgh. So I created a poll <sob>.

Anywho... please let me know how long you have been around the traps here. :)

C'mon all. Neeeeeeeeeeed stats! :)

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 15 February 2014 - 06:27 PM.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#2 te0p

te0p

Master

• Atomican
  • 839 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

I was here after issue #3 as someone else...left after a while. but came back now and then. Then i came back, and just call in for advice on tech, check out games section. check out the offf topic. I remember when a topic would be lucky to last on the front page for 24hours.. now you an come back a week later and it is still there. Facebook has ruined alot of the traditional forums i believe. It used to be good, Go to a car forum.. talk about that car, new guys come in and ask questions.. now they just go to facebook. Where things are presented shittly.

#3 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,381 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Golly I think my 5th anniversary is a few days away. edit: yep the 19th Feb.

Edited by eveln, 15 February 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#4 krispy89

krispy89

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

I signed up on the first Atomic Live day. Can't remember the date exactly, but it's definitely been over 7 years since I've signed up.

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up isn't"
"Never lose your inner kid"

#5 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,673 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Been here since the start(ish, joined at issue 5), although I started out under a different account name :-)
Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#6 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Been lurking here on and off since issue #1. I didn't sign up and post until shortly about the time of the site redesign after the 'green code' period.

Oo - longer than I thought. First post. Still selected the right poll option, though.

Edited by Cybes, 15 February 2014 - 08:12 PM.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#7 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

July 01 is the first post of mine I can find in the archive. Around about issue 5 IIRC. Mind you I've disappeared and came back three or for times.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#8 DaCraw

DaCraw

Master

• Atomican
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'm not actually sure. This account is my second (after a password snafu) and was created in 2008, so I've put 5+ years. It might be 10 though. I joined back when you needed to subscribe to the magazine to post in the green room, but despite subscribing I could never get that to work so mostly I stuck to tech talk and (pc) gaming. [edit]: At least my account page says that it was created in September 2008, but it seems that all of the old accounts say that. Must have been one of the server migrations. Now that I think about it, it probably was more than 10 years ago, but only by a year or two. Unfortunately I can't seem to change my vote in that poll.

Edited by DaCraw, 15 February 2014 - 08:48 PM.

Avatar adapted from www.xkcd.com

#9 AccessDenied

AccessDenied

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,482 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Issue 1 nutter here. I was still an apprentice. I finished my apprenticeship 10 yrs ago. AD
I can make my own woggle! Bet you can't woggle yours.

#10 GoFaster

GoFaster

Master

• Atomican
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

From the archives my first post (using a different handle) was in January '05 but I must have been lurking before that for more than a couple of years.

#11 Catweazle

Catweazle

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Didn't vote, coz I've never been 'active' here, but just did a check and a calculate and I reckon my membership here must date back about 10 years. Only ever made just a few posts, lost my login details early during a machine makeover and never got around to reclaiming it. I've read quite a lot of threads here over the years, as a guest visitor though. Just ain't possible to maintain active interaction at every forum you come across and find interesting content at.

Edit: Oh!

I joined back when you needed to subscribe to the magazine to post in the green room

I defs joined before that! (Unless I'm mistaken and it's some other subscription-related thingy I'm thinking about.)

Edited by Catweazle, 15 February 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#12 aquilus

aquilus

Master

• Atomican
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Twelve and a half years.

You can live in staunch denial and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny.

-Bad Religion, "The New America"

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." -Albert Einstein

#13 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,058 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Very early on, probably issue 2. g__day was one of maybe 2 or 3 Heroes around. Can't quite remember the order, but from Canberra it was either Tin Reaper or Access Denied who was the first of the regulars with me in the middle of the 2... the old user# system gave a good idea of when people joined but now it's all over the place. Shows how much this joint's slowed down... I've averaged maybe 1 or 2 posts a day in the last 9 months or so, went a while where it was maybe a few a week - but I still appear in the Top 15 all-time posters.

Edited by Rybags, 15 February 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#14 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

I came late to the party. Signed up in late 2009, but didn't post here until 2010

"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i7 4790K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB + 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair RM650i | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#15 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

I have always had a thought that the forums where around long before the First Issue. It was the forums that launched the First Issue. Was a Lurker for many years ,until the last 4 years i became active.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#16 Adicolour

Adicolour

Master

• Atomican
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

Wow... Time really flies 2008 join date

Edited by Adicolour, 15 February 2014 - 10:31 PM.

“Jealousy is that pain which a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves” Joseph Addison

#17 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,435 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

I have always had a thought that the forums where around long before the First Issue. It was the forums that launched the First Issue.

Was a Lurker for many years ,until the last 4 years i became active.

Nope. The forums were launched the same day as the mag IIRC. :)

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#18 g__day

g__day

Champion

• Hero
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

I remember talking to Ben at a forum just before he left PCPP and came to Atomic where he mentioned something was in the wind, then buying issue 1 in Melb Airport and seeing Ben was the editor. I lost the magazine on the plane and but liked it so much I bought a second issue at Sydney airport before I went home. Was hooked from there. Not sure but I think the forums were about 2-3 weeks old when I joined - from memory there were around 20-30 people posting then - the Green Room had about 3 pages of content then tops! Rybags, Tom, Mael, Phat Dixx, The Dude, Madeline and Potato Cake (and a alot of others) were huge fun back then, and IRC was a always a blast too! The crowd has always been replenished by interesting, helpful people!
Talent + Integrity = Atomic!

#19 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,502 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Some time in 2002 I think. I know I wrote a body building / weight training post in 2003 and I'd been a member for ages before that. I spent the first 6 months at least in programming. When I signed up programming had recently been created.

from memory there were around 20-30 people posting then

So about the same as now? :p

I was an Overlord near the end of 2002

Edited by kikz, 17 February 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#20 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,561 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

My rank was Champion at the end of 2002, that's about all I know...
Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users