• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

SKYUI error code 1 the skyrim script extender [skse] is not running .skyui will not work correctly,this message may also appear if a new skyrim patch has been released ,in this case wait until the skse has been updated ,then install the new version[see skyui mod description for details. I followed gophers instructions on down loading skyui ,i am sure that i have the most up to date version .Any ideas to what i have done wrong.ive clicked on check mods for updates on nexus mod manager .I have done verify integrity of game cache,i get an error there to ,1 file failed to vaildate and will be requried ,why do i get this error where do i get the file please.

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#2 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Have you downloaded SKSE? (Skyrim Script Extender) You need to launch the game with the SKSE shortcut every time you want to play, this is required for lots of different mods. Also, probably better off keeping all your Skyrim questions in the one thread
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#3 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

yes ive downloaded and activated skse,it has a green tick i created a shortcut and pined it to my task bar,and yes i open skse from there to run the game ,sorry for starting another thread didn't know i couldn't do that Thanks

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#4 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Make sure you have the correct version of SKSE installed and double check to ensure you are launching the game using the SKSE launcher. The error message states directly what your issue is or may be. The file is called "skse_loader.exe" and it should be in the base folder of your skyrim install (steamapps/common/skyrim). Also, in your OP, I missed the part about where it says 1 file failed to verify, if that happens, steam will simply re-download the file, you don't need to do anything, if you re-validate again and it says it is missing a file again, then it may be that one of your mods is overwriting a game file or something is deleting it.

Edited by NukeJockey, 19 February 2014 - 09:39 PM.

My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#5 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

ok i have taken the short cut out of the taskbar at the bottom of the page ,if i right click and run as administrator ,no problems.I still get the steam error when trying to validate .But game works fine .Thanks again for your help.

#6 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Posted Imageany idea why skyrim crashes to desktop ,when running these mods please,i run as administrator the skse loader exe but it crashed once the game loads.

#7 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

redrob, bit hard to tell you whats causing it if there are no error messages.

Do this, Run BOSS and get the load order done (if you havent already) then try to launch the game, if it fails, uninstall all of your mods through NMM, once uninstalled, re-install them, one by one and launch the game after each mod installation, as soon as it starts crashing, you know whats causing it. Pay extra attention when installing W.A.T.E.R as you will need to read each option page to ensure you choose the correct option, some of the things in it require the paid DLC (dragonborn and dawnguard).

Also, not too sure what the SKSE Script is, the SKSE that you need to run the game is downloaded and installed from the website afaik and is added to the base game directory and launched directly through there, not through NMM (unless that script is something that installs to NMM and launches the game with SKSE when launching through NMM).

#8 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

ok thanks nukejockey will do ,the skse script hmm not sure thought that was from gophers tutorials.

#9 Ihsan

Ihsan

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

Try deactivating the texture mods and see what happens. I know at one point I had those particular mods and had to remove them due to a crashing problem.
All are welcome in wonderland ‘Till the queen screams off with your head And life will always get twisted When you’re living it through the looking glass

#10 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

IT seems i had a part of smim that was installed by water thanks again guys ,ill just activate 1 mod at a time then i know where im at . Cheers

#11 hnoor0044

hnoor0044

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

i also  followed gophers instructions on down loading skyui ,i am sure that i have the most up to date version .Any ideas to what i have done wrong.ive clicked on check mods for updates on nexus mod manager .

#12 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,712 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:35 PM

i also  followed gophers instructions on down loading skyui ,i am sure that i have the most up to date version .Any ideas to what i have done wrong.ive clicked on check mods for updates on nexus mod manager .

2014? Pretty amazing necromantic skills you have there, Noor.

As for what's gone wrong with your SkyUI... Sorry, mine was working fine last I looked. As with all troubleshooting, it's about impossible without giving us error messages or descriptions of what it's doing. However, if you're sure you're using the SkyUI launcher, rather than the standard game launcher, the only other thing I can think of immediately is to redownload it - ensure you haven't got a corrupt copy.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users