• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TazDCassar

TazDCassar

Learner

• Quark
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hi, Just would like to know how to uninstall "AMD Gaming Evolved" as it was installed with the latest drivers and is making my computer slow. Should I return to the old drivers? I have a ATI Radeon 4800 graphics card. Thanks

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,782 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Isnt it listed in the 'Programs' section of control panel? If not, uninstall the drivers and all components, then reinstall selecting 'custom' and not ticking the AMD GE option :)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 TazDCassar

TazDCassar

Learner

• Quark
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hi, I uninstalled, then reinstalled Custom, but there were no options to tick off for "AMD Gaming Evolved". They were mostly drivers. And It's still on my computer. :( The only way to get around I think is to prevent it from starting up when loading Windows. What do you think?

Edited by TazDCassar, 26 March 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#4 Catweazle

Catweazle

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

Exit AMD Gaming Evolved. Add/Remove Programs -> Locate 'Raptr' -> Uninstall. See if that helps.

Edited by Catweazle, 26 March 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#5 TazDCassar

TazDCassar

Learner

• Quark
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

I think that helped. Thanks a lot!!!!

#6 Catweazle

Catweazle

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Kinda disappointing to see stuff included with the driver package install and no opt-out provided for it. Especially when it's something which 'hides' under a different name this way. Poor form indeed from AMD, imo.

#7 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,330 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

Kinda disappointing to see stuff included with the driver package install and no opt-out provided for it. Especially when it's something which 'hides' under a different name this way. Poor form indeed from AMD, imo.

There is an opt out but you have to select custom install, then you can deselect things like "gaming evolved".
Oh and the way to remove it after install is to run the Catalyst install manager in programs and features. The Catalyst Install Manager gives you the option to automatically uninstall everything or add and remove specific components.

Edited by aliali, 27 March 2014 - 08:31 AM.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#8 Catweazle

Catweazle

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Okeys then. Thanks for that. I'm not using latest Catalyst version, so was relying upon googled solutions. (If it ain't broke don't fix it.)

#9 alstonamos

alstonamos

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Locate 'Raptr' -> Uninstall. See if that helps. 

== Chess ==

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users