• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fajw

fajw

Useless waste of 0s and 1s

• Banned
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

I intend to set up a website soon. What is the cheapest adequate service to use? There will not be a lot of traffic and the site will consist of text and a few photographs.

#2 Catweazle

Catweazle

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

If it's gonna be a low traffic site then shared hosting is probs gonna be adequate enough and is quite cheap. Sub-$10/month, and most providers include in their plans 'click to install' easy access to freeware blog/CMS/Forum software for your site.

Not saying it's the best or the cheapest, but as an example check out Fat Cow. That one gives you a raft of website software options, and for a 36 month contract it'll only set you back about $AU250.

Defs slower than dedicated hosting services, buty if it's low traffic that shouldn't be an issue. Hell, back in the day we had PCPP Forum sitting on SiteGround for a while, when we were stuck for hosting facilities. Forum was pretty damned active back then, too, and page loading wasn't slow enough to piss people off.

#3 Gas Lee

Gas Lee

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

I'm using Zuver myself, they're $2 a month, my server is hosted in Sydney.

http://zuver.net.au/web-hosting
-What we know is almost nothing at all-

#4 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,502 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

Depends what platform your website is sitting on . Wordpress? Plain old Html? Something bigger (I doubt it from your low traffic statement).

https://www.binarylane.com.au/ does cheap servers . Super fast. Starting at $5

The data center is in Brisbane in the NEXTDC B-1 facility. Also soon opening a two data centers in the US on each coast.

Edited by kikz, 15 April 2014 - 07:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users