• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,512 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

Looking at the 13" Macbook Air for the missus. There are currently a few places that have the 2013 version a hundred or so dollars off. The only difference I can see between the 2013 and 2014 version is an ever so slight CPU upgrade (1.3 to 1.4). Are there any good reasons to get the more expensive new model? EDIT : a little googling and it looks like the new models are ever so slightly faster overall, but for disk intensive tasks the are actually slower. It appears Apple have put cheaper/slower SSDs in the new models to reduce costs...

Edited by Mac Dude, 07 May 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

#2 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,512 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Don't worry, decision made :) JB have a special on the old models which are basically the same so I'll go with that while the sale is on!
Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

#3 komuso

komuso

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I bought an MBP about a week before that sale. D: On another note, Mavericks is quite the piece of shit, is it not.

#4 robzy

robzy

Immortal

• Hero
  • 42,882 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

I just bought myself a 2014 model Air. What's wrong with Mavericks. I don't have anything to compare it to. Rob.

#5 komuso

komuso

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Quicklook is clunky, Finder occasionally hangs for some unknown reason, scroll bar disappears, mouse cursor disappears occasionally. No major dramas, but I was on a 2008 black macbook before this and was expecting a huge step up in responsiveness, so I'm a bit disappointed.

#6 millusions

millusions

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

i prefer mavericks to Yosemite,

have no issues with it.

Macbook Air 2014 + Quad core Mac Pro

its probably the ancient macbook not the OS :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users