Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is out.

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,794 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Dude, what dont you get about a community chat room? I mean, ok, thanks for the heads up, but care to give an opinion? A short review? Maybe explain to 'the noobs' why this is a good thing (i know, but they wont). Content man, CONTENT!

Edited by Master_Scythe, 05 June 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 Xen

Xen

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

Dude, what dont you get about a community chat room?

I mean, ok, thanks for the heads up, but car to give an opinion? A short review? Maybe explain to 'the noobs' why this is a good thing (i know, but they wont).

Content man, CONTENT!

I ate an apple.... wait this isn't twitter or facebook?

#4 noskcaj

noskcaj

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

This announcement is a bit late. Some infos: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS will be supported for 5 years for Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Core, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Ubuntu Kylin. All other flavours will be supported for 3 years. (Lubuntu won't have support from lxde since the project is now Qt based) This release includes linux 3.13, php5.5, python 3.4, and libreoffice 4.2.3. Many more core apps have HiDPi support. UbuntuGNOME is based on parts of the 3.10 and 3.8 releases, with 3.12 available in the team ppa. Xubuntu now uses gtk3 indicators, a new locker, a new menu editor, and a new menu (whiskermenu). gThumb is no longer a default app
I am an Ubuntu developer, send me a PM if you would like to join the ubuntu team or have a question

#5 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,530 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

Still yet to try out any of the 14.04 based releases. Do like the look of the Xubuntu "Start" menu though, as I wasn't a fan of the old one

"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 4670K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#6 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,794 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

For a 'desktop' I'm not sure why people dislike UNITY, its like a slightly less restricted version of MacOS. Though I can see why power users get frustrated. (just like on macOS! lol)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users