6014 replies to this topic

#5801 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

https://thewest.com....ng-ng-ya-292944

Julie bishop caught phoning and driving. She didn't need a life jacket like malcy did.

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

"We have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world" - Putin to Trump

#5802 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

These people are just above the law.  They are the ones making laws and they are the one's who break it most, and they expect us to be quiet, and obedient and stupid so they can take advantage of us.  What a load of croc.  I say, throw the hammer at her.

Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, Gainward 1070GTX, 256GB Samsung 850 EVO, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#5803 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

Happy new year to our esteemed crap pollies (or just dump into lake of fire).

Malcy has an new slogan

"Let’s keep Australia working"

Translation - Keeping Aussies enslaved

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

#5804 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,243 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

I say, throw the hammer at her.

All for it, but are we talking about Mjollnir or a gavel? Either works, but the outcomes are a bit different. ;p

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#5805 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

I say, throw the hammer at her.

All for it, but are we talking about Mjollnir or a gavel? Either works, but the outcomes are a bit different. ;p

How about throwing Mjollnir at the Parliament house?

#5806 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

dutton would see that as justification for the fence, and evidence that foreigners are dangerous and violent

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#5807 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

dutton would see that as justification for the fence, and evidence that foreigners are dangerous and violent

We could disguise it as a NK missile?

#5808 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

http://www.news.com....73b383b660af688

This means property investors can only claim depreciation on dishwashers, fans and other fixtures that they paid for themselves, presumably by buying the property brand new. Until now, investors who bought established properties could continue to claim depreciation on those items going forward. While it may not sound a big deal, Tyron Hyde, director of quantity surveying firm Washington Brown, said it would be costly in the short term and could set off a chain of events that would end in housing affordability suffering further than it already is.

This applies 2018, thanks Malcy. My property is already a money black hole as it is! FU

#5809 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

So Malcy gets a fine for no life jacket in the harbour the other day and then a day or so later he's at the surf club talking about how important the lifesaver's job is .... he's pretty bloody busy mouthing off about all sorts of shit just now, maybe he should go and do some real work. He's getting all political about the gang trouble currently going on in Melbourne. There's a Sudanese refugee ( lives in Vic. with wife and kids ) who's been exorcising some of his demons through the pen, apparently garnering some respect along the way. He notes that those gang fellows are not refugees but born and raised in Aus. They hear their parents talk about life in the country they fled from, but don't see it as relevant to them here today. Perhaps the fellows caught by police should be gathered together and sent to a country of need for a period of time in order that they gather some real perspective about their families' current lot in life.

As for Malcy, he needs to stop sucking on the  champers ffs.

Edited by eveln, 02 January 2018 - 08:07 PM.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#5810 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

Them gangs of rich people stealing our money are the ones to watch

#5811 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

http://www.abc.net.a...l-bills/9313720

People using super to pay for their medical bills. Doesn't it tell you our private health system is getting too expensive?

#5812 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

People using super to pay for their medical bills. Doesn't it tell you our private health system is getting too expensive?

The thing is that I used to think that private healthcare was the best.  I don't think that now.  Simply put, the private healthcare system is there to cover a need for people to have elective surgery (mainly) within a timeline that they want and in style, if you can afford it.  Contrary to popular belief, I have since found out, is that most of the BEST doctors/surgeons work for, at least in part, for the government anyway.  Yeah, private healthcare might be getting too expensive but the organisations involved wouldn't be charging us those amounts if they didn't think that we could afford it somehow.  Which brings us back to what I wanted to say in the first place. 

There was a time where we couldn't even access our super for anything.  Now, the current government, in order to do what they want to do or due to "lobbying" of one kind or another, are changing the rules so that now things like this are happening.  Political lobbying used to be a nothing thing.  In the last 20 years or so, its become a tool for corporations to realign the political landscape as they see fit, given their views of course.  The problem is that our country doesn't have the legislation in place to deal with this sort of thing which then has lead-on effects.  KRudd's ousting, to name one example, was because of the mining industry's aversion to ETS.  Therein lies the problem.  Are they are OUR representatives or the corporates?  If they aren't, then a slightly expensive hospital bill or health insurance premium is the least of our concerns.

Edited by strifus, 09 January 2018 - 08:18 PM.

Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, Gainward 1070GTX, 256GB Samsung 850 EVO, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#5813 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

Some stuff one offer in private hospitals is a bit of a wank... like $350 per night private rooms where the other half can come and stay too.  Expecting the taxpayer to cover any of that is somewhat ridiculous.

When I bothered to have private cover it was mainly for the dental, which from memory covered about 75% of most procedures.  But the fact the premium increased every 6 months just put me off it completely.

These days they try to boot you out of hospital ASFP anyway... thanks to all the superbugs flying around.  So you sort of wonder, why bother?

#5814 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

The thing is that I used to think that private healthcare was the best.  I don't think that now.  Simply put, the private healthcare system is there to cover a need for people to have elective surgery (mainly) within a timeline that they want and in style, if you can afford it.  Contrary to popular belief, I have since found out, is that most of the BEST doctors/surgeons work for, at least in part, for the government anyway.  Yeah, private healthcare might be getting too expensive but the organisations involved wouldn't be charging us those amounts if they didn't think that we could afford it somehow.  Which brings us back to what I wanted to say in the first place. 

There was a time where we couldn't even access our super for anything.  Now, the current government, in order to do what they want to do or due to "lobbying" of one kind or another, are changing the rules so that now things like this are happening.  Political lobbying used to be a nothing thing.  In the last 20 years or so, its become a tool for corporations to realign the political landscape as they see fit, given their views of course.  The problem is that our country doesn't have the legislation in place to deal with this sort of thing which then has lead-on effects.  KRudd's ousting, to name one example, was because of the mining industry's aversion to ETS.  Therein lies the problem.  Are they are OUR representatives or the corporates?  If they aren't, then a slightly expensive hospital bill or health insurance premium is the least of our concerns.

I see our system becoming more like that abomination known as the US health system. In that system if you don't have health care, then they don't care if you drop dead!

#5815 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

First up, I have worked and paid taxes for the last 35 years

the only money I have ever received from the government was the KRudd stimulus package

I have no private health insurance

I have tried to calculate how much 5 operations, daily dressing changes and a ten week stay in a private room would have cost

#5816 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

I have tried to calculate how much 5 operations, daily dressing changes and a ten week stay in a private room would have cost

What's that saying ? ... why do now what can well be left for another day . << may not be quite right, but ya get it yeah ? :)

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#5817 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

the only money I have ever received from the government was the KRudd stimulus package

Just the surgeries alone would've cost you minimum 50-60k base, and that's before you add anything else in.  In your case, it could've cost you close to 100k easily.  With the private room stay it could've cost you just much depending on the amount of time they spent on you and consumables.  So, I would say, around about figure of minimum 200k is not out of the question of 5 surgeries and 10-week hospital stay.

#5818 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Just the surgeries alone would've cost you minimum 50-60k base, and that's before you add anything else in.  In your case, it could've cost you close to 100k easily.  With the private room stay it could've cost you just much depending on the amount of time they spent on you and consumables.  So, I would say, around about figure of minimum 200k is not out of the question of 5 surgeries and 10-week hospital stay.

'That will clean out his superannuation quick ...

#5819 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

http://www.smh.com.a...109-h0fkni.html

2018 and Sydney's public transport system is in shambles

#5820 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

http://www.smh.com.a...109-h0fz2s.html

NSW minister for transport isn't very popular with travellers at the moment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users