• Please log in to reply
6067 replies to this topic

#5881 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

You talk about wanting to do something for the common good, but then bemoan that both parties no longer have big majorities and have to compromise on the middle ground to get anything done?

I think you misunderstood me Nich.  Rather, what I was trying to say is that there isn't any real leadership in either party, as in no person, that I would follow.  I mean, can you tell me what any politician from and including KRudd till now has done anything of note?  Well, KRudd will be known for his stimulus package, whether we agree with it or not, and the NBN v1.  However, there has been no real achievement of note since then and we have had 3 PMs since then.  I don't know, maybe I need a holiday.  My head is filled with shit at the moment.

Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, Gainward 1070GTX, 256GB Samsung 850 EVO, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#5882 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:05 PM

...there has been no real achievement of note since then...

Frankly, I'd settle for someone with a Plan. Any real vision, is never going get anywhere these days. Imagine the "Next Snowy": spends 15 years in impact studies and land claims tribunals, boycotted by fuckwits chaining themselves to trees even after the EIS clears it, then cancelled by whichever new government takes the reigns because "It's costing $10 million every day of delay!" Go ahead and laugh at that, but don't think too hard about the NBN while doing it.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#5883 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,651 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

The Stimulus Package in fact was recommended by the IMF and implemented by many industrialised economies in the late 2000s.  So KRudd can't take credit, except of course for the poorly thought out and botched processes such as the $12 Billion handout and Pink Batts debacle.

It took from not long after John Howard became PM and then suggested Badgeries Ck as Sydney's second airport until about 6 months ago to get the thing rolling.

So, there's about 20 years and maybe it'll be ready for action in another 5 to 10.

#5884 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

Trumps budget is out, it will run more deficits despite savage cuts to domestic services. The military got a boost and there's 3.7 trillion in tax cuts to corporations.

Edited by Jeruselem, 14 February 2018 - 08:42 AM.

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

"We have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world" - Putin to Trump

#5885 strifus

strifus

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

Trumps budget is out, it will run more deficits despite savage cuts to domestic services. The military got a boost and there's 3.7 trillion in tax cuts to corporations.

Wooptidoo.  Now that wasn't too surprising given that he has always been asking for tax cuts since forever.  So now the way to pay off the 21trillion+ government deficit is to cut taxes.  RIGHT!!!!

Intel Core i7 3930K, Gigabyte x79-UD5, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, Gainward 1070GTX, 256GB Samsung 850 EVO, 3 x 1TB Hitachi HDD, LG BD-DVD Optical Drive, Corsair TX 750 PSU, CoolerMaster Hyper 412s HSF, CoolerMaster Cosmos II Tower.

#5886 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

Wooptidoo.  Now that wasn't too surprising given that he has always been asking for tax cuts since forever.  So now the way to pay off the 21trillion+ government deficit is to cut taxes.  RIGHT!!!!

Malcy and Scotty also think it's a great idea for Australia ... dem tax cuts

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

#5887 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

https://www.sbs.com....ister-next-week

Barney/Barnababy/Barnaby isn't going be our acting PM next week

#5888 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Malcy and Scotty also think it's a great idea for Australia ... dem tax cuts

For some bizarre reason, the Libs are slavishly trying to copy everything the Yanks do. Except gun laws. Supply-side economics ("Trickle-down") does not work, never has worked, and never will work - and yet the clowns both domestic and foreign keep implementing it.

It's an old joke that they keep wanting to take the world back to the '50s - "Make the country great again!" But what they seem to forget is that that was the time of FDR; father of the "New Deal": where the top tax bracket was 94% - all that wealth concentration was basically confiscated and put back into building and maintaining society. That's far more radical than even Bernie Sanders was advocating last election.

#5889 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

trickle down - the monetary equivalent of a golden shower from an economy with prostate issues

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#5890 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Corporate tax cuts get most pocketed by the employers, employees get a token amount.

#5891 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

Corporate tax cuts get most pocketed by the employers, employees get a token amount.

One in five big corps here do not pay tax period.

#5892 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Maybe we should all become directors of international companies to avoid taxes hey ...

#5893 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,860 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

One in five big corps here do not pay tax period.

Perhaps if they promise to fill out the paperwork that says they will pay the new rate allocated by the new tax cut :P !  o_0

And in other news Julie doesn't get to play PM for even a week, that role goes to Mathius what with Barny boy being a tad busy taken up with home improvements or somesuch.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#5894 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

So some Belgium guy who sounds like Arnie will be acting PM LOL

#5895 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,293 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:21 AM

So some Belgium guy who sounds like Arnie will be acting PM LOL

I am NAHT da Premiator! Dat iss a state posishn, und dis is Federal.

#5896 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:06 AM

Ze Germans love our version of Arnie

http://www.thecourie...p-german-award/

#5897 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

http://www.smh.com.a...20180216-p4z0kt

OK, hoping for open war between Malcy and Beetrooter so the LNP can self destruct.

#5898 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

1502801212863.jpg

Year of the Dog, take that Barnaby LOL

#5899 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

i laughed out loud :

http://www.abc.net.a...grattan/9454006

the first embedded video, at 1:32 and on... where barnacle suggests he's good at re-invigorating estranged relationships

the irony is hot enough to brand cattle, and he seems completely oblivious to the precedent he has set in his marriage as to where the coalition might be headed

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#5900 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:20 PM

Pretty much the nationals can't afford to lose Barney but he's a liability when the next election comes round like Abbott is.

Zombie politicians!

Edited by Jeruselem, 18 February 2018 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users