Photo

Atomic 3.14 Changelog

#newforum #changelog

Best Answer Daniel Godden, 19 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

On a mobile device is should display the mobile theme (determine by user agent, not browser size). The mobile theme is still the default IP.Board mobile theme at the moment.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

Welcome to the latest version of IPB!

As part of this upgrade, a few things:
  • We have a slightly shinier theme.
  • There's now a real mobile theme.
  • We have a slightly consolidated sub-forum index.
  • In the technical (and feedback) sub-forums, the OP can now select the 'best answer' to their question. (I've made this thread an example of the feature, if you're curious what it looks like)
  • Youtube embedding is now done with a plain URL, rather than [youtube] tags.  Embedding will also work with vimeo and some other sites.
  • Gravatar is enabled (previous avatars (mostly) did not make the transition)).
  • You can now hit 'like' on posts you want to +1.
  • Some extra formatting options, both in .sigs and in posts
  • Notification centre now tells you about things!
  • A maximum of 30 images can be shown in a single post
  • Post below if you find other new things you think are worth making note of for new/returning users!

There are some new BBCode tags to play with and discover.  For editing posts, one of my favourites is the [ hr ] tag, which puts in the above horizontal line. If you're using actual code in [ code ] tags, try using [ php ], [ sql ], or [ html ] for some syntax highlighting.

When you're looking at an index page full of threads, if you scan over to the right - right of the thread title and who started it, but left of the last person to have posted in it, it'll say how many replies and views the thread has. If you click on 'x replies', it brings up a window showing each user who has posted in the thread and how many times. (I don't remember this happening in 3.0, but it's not something I remember checking, either.)

Reputation has been expanded: while there is still the 5-star system on profiles (where you vote for the user), you can now also upvote and downvote specific content in threads. See link on how to not vote like a reprobate.

Relating to the Youtube embedding mentioned up above, URLs from these sites should now auto-embed without needing to use [media] or etc tags: Youtube, Google Video, Myspace Video, YouTu.be, Flickr Image Set, MP3, Vimeo, GamesTrailers

Users on the Lurker rank will have no ability to vote in the reputation system, and also have URLs and images turned off in their sigs until they hit 16 posts (Quark).

Animated GIFs are currently disabled pending discussion. That being said, they can be used as your avatar: they'll be static everywhere except your profile.

If you haven't noticed, little grey down arrows appear on threads rows on index pages - clicking it will give you a preview.

If you click on the number of replies in a given thread, while on the index, it will show you which users have posted ordered by number of posts within.

By the way, polls can now be set so the results show which users voted on what options. There's a clear option showing when this is enabled by the OP, and it can't be edited in after the poll is made. See here for an example.

Taptalk integration should now be working.

There are other features floating around, here and there. Please use them responsibly.

Edited by Nich..., 03 September 2014 - 06:39 PM.
Updates

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#2 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,502 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

Welcome to the latest version of IPB!

As part of this upgrade, a few things:

• There's now a real mobile theme.

But it aint responsive worth a damn! :)

wbaf3GB.png

#3 Daniel Godden

Daniel Godden

Evil Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:19 PM   Best Answer

On a mobile device is should display the mobile theme (determine by user agent, not browser size). The mobile theme is still the default IP.Board mobile theme at the moment.

The Admin

#4 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Mobile theme tested working fine on iphone4.with Safari

Not showing up on Nexus 7 (4.4.3) with Chrome

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#5 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,416 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Mobile theme tested on iPhone5  using Safari.

Pretty.  And Blue.

And functional. :)

Tested on iPhone 5 with Chrome.  Functional.

Still Blue, but nicer than Safari. :P

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#6 mark84

mark84

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Wow!

Atomic Pi!!!

Did you do the upgrade Nich? If so, well done, and thanks! If not, no internet cookie for you.

Desktop: i7 6850K @ 4.3GHz | Titan X (Pascal) | 32GB RAM | 120GB + 500GB SSDs | 2x 5TB HDD in RAID1

Server: G3258 @4.6GHz | 120GB SSD | 2x 4TB RAID1 | 2x 6TB RAID1

Desktop build log | Firefox AtomicMPC Menu | The Truth About Graphics Power Requirements V2 | CPU bench league

www.atomicsimracing.net - The place for Atomicans who love motor sports and sim racing.

#7 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

Definitely a team effort.

Except for elvenwhore.  She gets no cookie.

#8 AccessDenied

AccessDenied

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,482 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

What's the go with our ranks. Not sure what I was but now amusingly mine reads like accessdenied for hero
AD
I can make my own woggle! Bet you can't woggle yours.

#9 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

http://forums.atomic...tles/?p=1135852

aka, Chaos causing chaos.

#10 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,416 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

It's what I do.:P

http://forums.atomic...tles/?p=1135852

aka, Chaos causing chaos.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#11 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,511 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Nice job!

Quick question - is the new order of the forums/sections a mistake, just the way it worked out or a deliberately considered decision?

Just curious :)

Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

#12 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,416 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Nice job!

Quick question - is the new order of the forums/sections a mistake, just the way it worked out or a deliberately considered decision?

If it's bad then it's probably a mistake made by Nich.

If it's good then it's deliberate. :D

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#13 Takoma

Takoma

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,385 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Nice.

things

#14 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

How epic.

PC Specs: ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe | i7 860 | R9 390 | Corsair TX-750W | 4GB G-Skill Ripjaws + 8GB Corsair Dominator | Antec 902 Case | ASUS MG279Q IPS Freesync Monitor

My momma always said I was special.

#15 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,072 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

When you're looking at an index page full of threads, if you scan over to the right - right of the thread title and who started it, but left of the last person to have posted in it, it'll say how many replies and views the thread has.  If you click on 'x replies', it brings up a window showing each user who has posted in the thread and how many times.

I don't remember this happening in 3.0, but it's not something I remember checking, either.

#16 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,511 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

Nice job!

If it's bad then it's probably a mistake made by Nich.

If it's good then it's deliberate. :D

And if it doesn't make sense?

Having the Green Room second in the 3rd section when it's the most popular area?

I guess I can just link to the Green Room directly...

Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

#17 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,072 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:04 PM

Will making it first in the third section make a big difference to whether you directly link to it or not?

You remember why it was taken away from the top of the top, right?

#18 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 17,936 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Nice.

How are ya buddy? Long time no see!

SyDjDDk.png [retro swim] | AzpUvwG.png @retroswimau | q5O6HgO.png +RetroSwim
四時半を待っています!

#19 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,072 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Updated the OP with a few other bits and pieces.

#20 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

I see you can hide a single users signature or everyone's signatures by mousing over their sig and to the far right is a cross when clicking that gives you two options.

Although you can't hide Mods sigs....

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users