• Please log in to reply
1777 replies to this topic

#1 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

because not everyone has an aural fixation, i propose an equivalent thread to the "and what are you listening to?" thread, because my creative and artistic friend(s) often alert me to really great things

so, does anyone know how to imbed vimeo, or is it too "out there" to have the ability ?

meantime, whilst you cogitate on that, here's my first offering :

The Gunfighter

really amusing :)

and because no-one has even commented on my prior linkage to this web series :

High Maintenance

immensely fucking awesome !!

feel free to add your own, but they had better be good

really, really good

... or i won't like them (much)

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#2 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,409 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

I've been watching Utopia on a ABC which is excellent. The show after it, Reality Check, is good too and worth a watch especially if, like me, you don't watch reality TV. :)

Just finally caught up with Continuum which is even more brain breaking than it was. Can't wait for next season.

Still waiting for the return of a bunch of stuff.

Sorry, can't offer much online video as I barely watch any of that. :)

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#3 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

NSFW and silly

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#4 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,976 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm a bit of an iView freak. Caught this below the other night.

http://iview.abc.net...b/AC1303H001S00

Also watched Anzac Girls. Not the most brilliant production perhaps but it did cause a tear or two .

/...I'm workin' up the courage to click on Cyb3r's Sticky Buddy vid.

Edit 2 & 3 : Sticky Buddy is fucking Awesome !!!! lol

Edited by eveln, 18 September 2014 - 09:20 PM.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#5 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,984 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

so, does anyone know how to imbed vimeo, or is it too "out there" to have the ability ?

meantime, whilst you cogitate on that, here's my first offering :

The Gunfighter

Like this. Also, loved that video - I think I saw it in the US last time, so July maybe? Kids didn't quite get what was going on.

I've been trying to finish the second season of Orange is the new black, but school and drama at home has left me too tired most days.

Liking where the second season of Masters of Sex is going.

I've been watching Utopia on a ABC which is excellent.

I keep seeing people talk a bout it and then it takes a moment to realise they're talking about the ABC production, not the Channel4 one.

Edited by Nich..., 18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#6 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,612 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

Don't watch movies often but got "A Million Ways to Die in the West" ready to roll - doesn't exactly have the best review/ratings but have to give anything with Seth McFarlane a look.

Part way through the latest batch of "Wheeler Dealer - Trading Up".  Prefer the normal Wheeler Dealer eps but these are OK.

WTF with Graveyard Carz - they had ep 4.1 the other week and nothing since.

Mountain Men - last ep of current series earlier in the week.  Yukon Men started new series a few weeks ago.  OK, the Alaska shows cop a panning but I get into the subsistence/hunting/fend for yourself types of shows.

Bering Sea Gold:  Under the Ice - new series recently started.  The dredging for gold takes a backseat to the disfunctional misfits in the show most of the time.

Ancient Impossible - just finished it's run of 10 eps.  OK show but the odd bit of bullshit and sensationalism and that bloke with the "3D projection glove" is a joke.  Please, don't try and convince us that holographic projection from a handpiece is something that is real.

Operation Stonehenge:  What Lies Beneath - new series, looks real good so far.  Modern day archeology going that extra mile by using ground-penetrating radar to map (some previously undiscovered) ruins and artifacts in the surrounding area.  And not a dirty solstice worshipping hippy in sight!

#7 komuso

komuso

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Recently I watched, in this order...

Band of Brothers, with Thin Red Line inserted in there early on, Der Untergang inserted between the ninth and tenth episodes, and Schindler's List when finished

The Pacific, with Solntse inserted in between the ninth and tenth episodes

Girlfriend hadn't seen any of these so I was happy to watch them again. Next up will be Das Boot, and then on to a few Vietnam War films. 

Also saw Soredemo, Boku wa Yattenai (I Just Didn't Do It). Not light watching. 

#8 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,612 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

Space Station 76 added to the list to watch... sci-fi comedy/drama, and Liv Tyler's in it.

#9 Captain Awesome!

Captain Awesome!

Journeyman

• Validating
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:39 PM

Watching the Carnivale series, which I never got to doing when it was actually on.

It's fantastic!

Romans are OP.

#10 GhostWhoWalks

GhostWhoWalks

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

I binged the first season of Blacklist this week. Solid show. Well... no, the SHOW was kind of meh. But god damn James Spader is good in it. 

Last month it was seasons 5-7 of Californication.

Lots of Let's Play Series and Podcasts on Youtube I watch.

A couple months ago I must have watched 150 hours of some guy playing Civ 5.

Sons of Anarchy season 7 just started up 2 weeks ago. So am watching that as it comes out.

Dunno, thats about it. It's enough. 

I MAY finish  up Criminal Minds, I was watching it for a while, but got mid way through one season and burned out. I have a couple left. May finish them next couple weeks. See how it goes.

#11 komuso

komuso

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:41 AM

Watching the Carnivale series, which I never got to doing when it was actually on.

It's fantastic!

Fuck yeah, Carnivale is great. Another season or two to follow on would be great but I don't think it'll ever happen.

#12 Director

Director

Immortal

• Hero
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

Been watching a lot of stuff, most of it crap but here's a few that aren't (IMO):

Nice idea which might go somewhere, season 2 hasn't been renewed nor has it been cancelled. 

Nice movie with an interesting premise.

High production value, well cast series from the Ronald Moore (BSG). A 'tiny' bit slow on the pacing but still worth watching.

And for those of you who enjoyed the Avatar series, I present:...

Just nice fun.  If you've seen Avatar (not the retarded movie) then you'll know what to expect.

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

Those Who Dance Are Considered Insane by Those Who Can’t Hear the Music.

#13 TheManFromPOST

TheManFromPOST

Not to be trifled with

• Hero
  • 8,475 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:50 AM

Watching Breaking Bad

I caught a few episodes on the ABC, enjoyed
So I decided to get the DVDs of the whole series

#14 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#15 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

Been watching my Walking Dead season 4 DvD's ,also got some old Dr Who DvDs. PLus the second season of Falling Skies.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#16 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Also, if anyone is interested in a 48 hour guest pass to Crunchyroll, pm me. First come first served.

"In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all." Strobe Talbott, 1992

"Oh Lord. Protect this rocket house and all who dwell within the rocket house." Homer Simpson

#17 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

#18 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,336 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

I'm trying to be nice to you maggot.

:P

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#19 Quazar

Quazar

Master

• Atomican
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

Started watching Arrow last night, makes a change from all the kids shows we usually watch.

I did find this quite funny though.

Not charging for awesomeness since 1973 :)

#20 bushi

bushi

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,748 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

Watching Breaking Bad

I caught a few episodes on the ABC, enjoyed
So I decided to get the DVDs of the whole series

I'm up to the second last episode of S05.

Some serious shit about to go down.

http://bfbc2.statsve...pc/squatter.png i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users