I hate crappy small laptops with like 32GB of eMMC storage - try installing the 1607 windows update and not enough disk space!
Windows 10is it really what it seems?
Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:57 AM
OK - steps to installing Windows 10 anniversary update on a really small drive with not enough disk space
1. Attach an external USB hard drive to the computer (apparently the upgrade does not support using USB drive or Micro SD) - preferably on USB 3.0 and using a fast drive
2. Start the download for the 1607 update - it will complain there's not enough space on the drive
3. Tell the update to use the USB hard drive (ensure you have free space on the drive)
4. Start the update - it copies files to the external USB hard drive
5. Update will reboot Windows 10 three times - and then it finishes
6. Run disk cleanup to remove old windows install and other system crap from the old install
Do remove unnecessary USB devices just in case they interfere with the reboots (wired USB mouse is fine)
Edited by Jeruselem, 24 November 2016 - 11:59 AM.
- Nich... likes this
Cortana at your service
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users