Photo

Gaming headset

Best Answer mohawk, 02 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

It all depends what your after and what your budget is.

I myself have a set of Corsair vengeance 2000 wireless headphones and for the price I find them to be comfortable after wearing them for hours on end and they have a good battery life.

You can also use them whilst they are charging but of course they are then wired.

Finding the right set of cans is not an easy thing unless you have access to several different sets to try before you thrown down your hard earned moola otherwise, it can be a be a bit hit and miss.

I would also suggest reading and watching as many reviews on any cans you are interested in as these can help make your choice a bit easier. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:52 AM

I don't know what to look for when buying a gaming headset so I was wondering if you could tell me so that I could pick my own.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#2 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,403 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

I've been pretty happy with my MS headset - cheap, bendable arm for the mic, doesn't hurt my ears after long usage, runs off USB.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#3 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

What headset is it?

Edited by SonOfNoddy, 02 October 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#4 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,403 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

Lifechat LX 3000. Picked a couple of them up for me/family about 5 years ago while on sale.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#5 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

Ok, nice.

#6 mohawk

mohawk

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:39 PM   Best Answer

I myself have a set of Corsair vengeance 2000 wireless headphones and for the price I find them to be comfortable after wearing them for hours on end and they have a good battery life.

You can also use them whilst they are charging but of course they are then wired.

Finding the right set of cans is not an easy thing unless you have access to several different sets to try before you thrown down your hard earned moola otherwise, it can be a be a bit hit and miss.

I would also suggest reading and watching as many reviews on any cans you are interested in as these can help make your choice a bit easier.
Atomic's Most Recommended Psu's Thread. http://forums.atomic...p?showtopic=266

#7 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,403 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

I have a pair of Razor headphones that have a detachable cord so you can choose whether to have a double tip-stereo lead or a triple-tip/stereo+mic lead. The sound quality is decent, but I won them in a comp so I can't talk about value. The inline mic on the cable is ok, but I only use it when plugged into my tablet or phone, and I have to pretty much hold the mic up in front of my mouth to be easily heard over background noise.

#8 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

I would also suggest reading and watching as many reviews on any cans you are interested in as these can help make your choice a bit easier.

I have a pair of Razor headphones that have a detachable cord so you can choose whether to have a double tip-stereo lead or a triple-tip/stereo+mic lead. The sound quality is decent, but I won them in a comp so I can't talk about value. The inline mic on the cable is ok, but I only use it when plugged into my tablet or phone, and I have to pretty much hold the mic up in front of my mouth to be easily heard over background noise.

My Budget is $150 and I have seemed to found one that looks good and has great reviews, the Kingston HyperX  Cloud Pro, I have heard that the mic is not that great which is fine for me because i have a Blue Snowball to cover that but apart from that they look like a well worth it pair.

#9 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,502 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

A bit late to the party but I picked up a set of Audio Technica ATH-PDG1's, easily the best thing to happen to my ears.  Beautiful sounds, nice soft padded ear surrounds.  Ability to remove mic is cool.  Love them.  $199 though.

http://audio-technic...ducts/ath-pdg1/

#10 bushi

bushi

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,748 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Go to http://headphones.com.au

Have a browse - you can change categories etc to suit your needs.  Quite a range there to help get an idea of what's out there.

http://bfbc2.statsve...pc/squatter.png i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users