8 replies to this topic

#1 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,211 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

So, I'm on the 5th 'repair' this month.

a moist day means I get dropouts every 1-3 minutes.

Does any company offer a decent 'fixed' 4G plan yet?

Or since there's ALREADY a cable to my door, telstra just says "no more new cable customers outside metro"; any way you can think to trick them?

They're out of pairs running down my street (I, alone, am using 7 pairs to jump my signal), so I don't know what logging another copper job is going to do.

Advice?

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#2 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,295 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

If by decent you mean not horribly expensive, then nope!
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#3 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,211 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

I know Vodafone uised to offer a cheap fixed 3G plan with their 'all in 1' box solution (like the iiNet BOB) but its nto around anymore.

I hoped someone did :(

for 51 a month I can get 10GB with optus, that's not bad. But i'd have to move my mobile to them too for that deal.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#4 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

So, I'm on the 5th 'repair' this month.

a moist day means I get dropouts every 1-3 minutes.

Does any company offer a decent 'fixed' 4G plan yet?

Or since there's ALREADY a cable to my door, telstra just says "no more new cable customers outside metro"; any way you can think to trick them?

They're out of pairs running down my street (I, alone, am using 7 pairs to jump my signal), so I don't know what logging another copper job is going to do.

Advice?

Sounds like the cable has broken down completely and needs to be replaced from your property to junction box.

Tell them that you need the line replaced as its been fixed so much and they Telstra must have acknowledged their is something wrong with the cable.

I would also check the with the TIO that this is an ongoing issue ,and not getting fixed but getting worse. The only reason they will not fix it as you have a mobile phone and can use that as form to communicate.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#5 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,295 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

Look at Optus resellers. Exetel still in the game for that?
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#6 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,211 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Yeah but its the copper that's the problem.

the 2nd line going to this house is Exetel (over telstra line; they do both these days)  and its rock solid and fast.

#7 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,295 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

I meant for wireless, not wired. I used to run Bigpond nextg 10gb for most stuff, and an Exetel 7gb or something connection for overnight downloading.

#8 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,211 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

ooo yeah 13GB for  $60; not bad.

#9 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,211 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

Negotiating with telstra to get a discounted 4G connection because they have no phone line of acceptable quality left in my street. 

Fingers crossed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users