• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

So the GF is working hard on her work laptop, then has some stuff to do requiring the main PC.  She turned it on and went back to the laptop while the machine was powering up. I heard some random noise of some thing falling under the desk, but couldn't see anything from my angle and I was too lazy to get off the couch.

A short time later there was a loudish fan noise. Just sounds like a fan is hitting a cable.  Not usually a big issue.

Then it got louder as it was loaded into Windows.  I assume it is a graphics card fan then.  Anyway, this is disturbing my peace so I had better have a look.

Taking the side panel off, my hand came out wet.  Odd.

Look at the side panel and notice very wet wall. This is pretty bloody wet for condensation. And condensation doesn't make a lot of sense right now.

Oh, look, a wet PSU.

Force machine off, unplug everything and pull the machine out of it's desk cavity for a better look at the issue. Noticing that the area around the PC is damp.

Something lose on the floor of the case gives me a clue when I see the "Corsair" logo printed on it.

The random noise I heard was the cover coming off the water pump and the water spitting out of the side of the case.

PoppedCorsair01.jpg

So now it is drying out and I'm looking at my options to replace the cooler.

Reality is just an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol.

WoT quote: "DishD (5:45:44 PM) ur a bad man Opy, funny as fuk but very Bad!"

QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses!

#2 mohawk

mohawk

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

First thing first.

Go straight to the Corsair website and apply for a RMA if it is still in warranty.

Next go to the Corsair forums and search if this problem has happened to others or start your own thread about it.

Reason I say this is that a guy on the Corsair forums from Perth had his AIO system leak and it blew up his system so out of good will Corsair paid the cost to replace his system.

Give it a try.
Atomic's Most Recommended Psu's Thread. http://forums.atomic...p?showtopic=266

#3 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

No warranty

Will give it a few days to dry and see it it boots up.  Installed a new cooler just now.

QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses!

#4 mohawk

mohawk

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

No warranty

Will give it a few days to dry and see it it boots up.  Installed a new cooler just now.

Still go to the forums as you may get some help anyway.

Corsair are pretty good at helping people and you never know your luck.

Atomic's Most Recommended Psu's Thread. http://forums.atomic...p?showtopic=266

#5 gamble

gamble

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

How old is it anyway, curious... What cooler you go with for the replacement?

HAF 912 | Biostar x370GT7 | 1700x @ 4ghz | PowerColor RX 56 (RX 64 Bios) @ 1600c/945mhz | EVGA RAM @ 2933mhz  | EK Watercooled CPU | EVGA G2 1300W 

#6 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

Crap, that isn't good :-/. Hopefully things work out for ya Opy

"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 4670K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair RM650i | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#7 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

It would be a couple years old now. Bought a Noctua u12s.

My Corsair keyboard is starting to lose LEDs again too.. Seems to be my week of Corsair failures. Not enough to turn me off the brand though, they do make some good stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users