Hey guy, looking for a fan controller that can also handle my water pump. I burnt out one channel on my current since its only 15w per channel and I believe my pump is 25w. I tried to put this on another channel and started to smell it burning, saw some smoke... oh the smell of solder!!!
1. Id like a controller than can actually be able to completely turn off the fan too, meaning 0 rpm.
2. I have 6 fans and 1 pump = 7 (but if I have to use maybe one, two or three from the MB that would be ok I guess)
3. I like nobs or switches but not lcd so much. lcd would be ok as long as its not over the top. I hate fans with leds. Maybe if it had a dimmer
4. My case is black with red theme.
5. 25w or more per channel
6. I really dont want to spend too much
I also order a few new fans, the ones I have are starting to piss me off with the noises. I bought 3 Rosewill Hyperborea 120mm after reading the reviews compared to others, price and the db levels. Going to grab three more but probably something different as these are for rads. These seem like a great balance with price.
Im going for quiet, so in honesty, I might not even need 3 more fan and might just use two for the rad and one at the rear and leave the front/side 3 spots unsued. So, maybe a 4 channel could work and use MB for the rest if needed.
Another thing is there a way to or can you wrap the pump so that it is more quiet? I guessing if I had a controller to lower the pump then it might not be as bad but its at full speed always with the 3pin connector it has.
I know its a lot to of info above but you all might know a good way to help with noise. The system really isnt that loud but is on the desk since my room is nearly full and there isnt a place on the floor or space under the desk.
Edited by gamble, 25 December 2014 - 04:44 PM.