• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

Hello! Me and my friend have been playing Terraria together for the past couple of months and it has worked, but only now it has stopped working, we have tried re-installing, enabling incoming and outgoing servers connections through Hamachi, the world was on my computer and we have always connected to my world, but when that didn't work, we tried his world and it still didn't work. Any ideas?

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

#2 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

Have you checked your Firewall? It could have updated the program and reset the permissions for ports and such.

Could also be a rogue malware in the server too. Try doing a Virus Scan and also grab MalwareBytes and run it.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#3 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

It is enabled in the firewall (I got the AVG firewall working) and I have virus scanned and scanned with malwarebytes multiple times and nothing has shown up...

#4 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,211 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

The site is blocked at work (proxy site block) but IIRC, Hamachi shut down their free service offerings a while ago, and may have finally turned off their older free servers.

So therefore, since it's a 'hosted VPN' your PC's cant find each other anymore.

Or are you paying for their service?

IF I remember correctly, and the free service is gone, people have been talking about EVOLVE a lot, as a replacement.

https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

But I have not personally tried it, check some reviews and stuff before installing.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#5 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

Will test out evolve as soon as my friend gets online, Thanks for the tip. Will let you know of the results.

#6 SonOfNoddy

SonOfNoddy

Snotblock

• Atomican
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

Evolve didn't work, I followed all the instructions on how to start servers...

#7 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,295 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Hamachi is still free but they changed the account system again. Late last year I had to sign up to keep it working, which basically meant creating a new VPN group that everyone had to essentially rejoin.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#8 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,211 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

Ah cool.

I know at one point it wasn't going to be, and I was unable to confirm from a restricted work internet machine.

Good to hear!

SonOfNoddy, after an attack of adware, a botched antivirus, and now VPN dramas; so as you wish, but to me, the half hour to backup an format would be very tempting.

If you're worried about STEAM re downloading, you can copy paste your entire folder and simple check integrity; only donwloads about 1/8th of what it would need to.

I dunno. Without seeing all your settings and knowing what AVG broke with its firewall, you could just have some bogus settings, but we're all stabbing in the dark because there's so much to check.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users