• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

Any chance of doing an article on Free to Play MMO's and the downsides of them.

Playing them now i can see a lot of advantages and the BIG disadvantages like the PAY Wall features. Like for instance after a certain level the Pay to Win feature comes into it.

Playing Startrek Online now its more apparent after lvl50 you need a new ship and the DPS is really high. The only way to get past it is too buy a new ship and items from their Zen Store. Costing about $50 for both or more.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#2 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

It's something to think about, for at least one of our mags at least :)

But I also think there are some upsides, too. Games like World of Tanks have really gotten the pay balance just right, in my opinion.

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#3 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,840 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

I'm a fan of the F2P games where the only thing they (players) gain for money is time saving; nothing is impossible, just time consuming.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#4 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

I am thinking about buying the new command ships in STO for 12,000zen which is just under $180 AUD or a 200USD which is just over $260 AUD.

It seems FTP games can be expensive if you don't watch the wallet.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#5 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

I've certainly spent money on World of Tanks and Lord of the Rings online, but I've always felt the value was there. 

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users