• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 havocgtr

havocgtr

Serf

• Lurker
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

ok fist time poster so here goes i have just built myself a new pc high specs think the perfect pc build in the latest PC&TA single GTX 980 card included but im stuck on the monitor im not sure if i really want to go 4K as i dont really play many of the games that are compatible with 4K at the moment im just using a 32" sony tv in 1080p resolution  and a 22" monitor as a secondary im not interested in gaming across multple monitors i play on one and have a web page/you-tube or a movie playing on the other looking for recommendations please include a reason why not just "get this model period" please thinkning around 400-600 per monitor cheaper is better of course 

TIA 

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

Personally, I'd be looking at a 27"+ 1080p monitor with slight curve.

You're right that 4k isnt supported well enough yet. at least IMO

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,013 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

Pretty happy with my 27" Dell, 2560*1440 or something.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#4 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:50 PM

So stoked got my new replacement U3014 today just over a day to get here up north ,and bugger me i check the REV and its an 06 may 2015 ,hUGE upgrade from my rev 02 . you fluckin beuty hopfully they have soughted out the bugs that the previous models had . 

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#5 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:52 PM

Well that one shit itself after 3 months screen just went black and no picture just the back light so Dell said they would send me another ,No thasnks i would just like my money back please thiss is the 3rd time .So today after lots of emails to India and to Sydney i finally get an email to say my refund is now in my bank .You beuty so has anyone bought a monitor from Amazon . 

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#6 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,713 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:03 PM

Nup.  Personally I wouldn't trust an expensive monitor going through the post or courier for that matter.

I bought a monitor here once as replacement for a same model 19" which was going bad, probably over 6 years ago.

But that was a purchase of maybe 50 bucks including postage so worth the risk.

#7 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

Yer to true thanks rybags think ill go through PC case gear .

#8 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:47 PM

Well i got my new monitor today but what is the best cable to use please .

#9 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:41 PM

Hmm it seems i only have hdmi choice and display port but how the duck do i change dvi dual link to display port is there such an adapter

#10 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:15 PM

its OK don't panic  dumb arse me didn't see the cap over the display port now purring at 144hz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users