Photo

umm. so what exactly happened here?

Best Answer millusions , 19 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

pretty sad :(

this was a pretty good forum back in the day,

and the first issue of Atomic was breathtaking :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Xen

Xen

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

About the only time it was an arbitrary number was when members would " +1 " in WOYM m1 for post count, and admitting to doing it.

+1.

Just for your eveln :).

#22 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,118 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

About the only time it was an arbitrary number was when members would " +1 " in WOYM m1 for post count, and admitting to doing it.

+1.

Just for your eveln :).

O.O

I just don't even ...

:P~

Edited by eveln, 09 April 2015 - 06:55 PM.

• Xen likes this

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#23 AVC

AVC

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:01 PM

some ppl were very toxic back a few years ago thats one of the reasons why I stopped coming. But I think the major downturn is that there is no magazine.

What? The mag is gone?

Damn, how long have I been gone?

Sort of reminds me of Romancing The Stone. "Oh Man, the Doobie Brothers broke up!"

#24 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

I don't even jump in to check the world of Tanks forum as much as I should now.  Finding the time is hard.  The girlfriend is probably fuming at me just for being at this computer at the moment, so that's another reason I don't come here very often.

My primary hook used to be the 'Show us your Rig' thread.  It just doesn't see the action anymore.

One day, I'll finish this build that has been taking up half this room since i moved in 2 years ago and help liven things up for a couple minutes.

One day.....

Reality is just an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol.

WoT quote: "DishD (5:45:44 PM) ur a bad man Opy, funny as fuk but very Bad!"

QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses!

#25 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:59 AM

And I think that's a pretty accurate picture of where the forums are at. Some folks didn't even notice the mag closing, others are just moving on to different periods of their life. And as that happens, other, more involved folks head to more populated boards.

Not much to be done about it, but we'll keep hosting this place until the last Atomican leaves.

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#26 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

Not much to be done about it, but we'll keep hosting this place until the last Atomican leaves.

Wow that sounds so sad.

Ok who is the last one ,that is going to leave?

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#27 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Wow that sounds so sad.

Ok who is the last one ,that is going to leave?

<shrug> Still have no plans to leave.  But, I didn't when I left previous favoured haunts, either - it's one of those things that 'just happens'.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"Ideas do not deserve respect.- people do." - Peter Boghossian (paraphrase)

#28 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,416 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Been here since a couple of months in.  Expect to help turn the lights off.

:)

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#29 hulkster

hulkster

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

Been here since a couple of months in.  Expect to help turn the lights off.

:)

Me too, We were very close to joining the same time :)\

<strong class='bbc'>Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and<br /><br />oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital<br /><br />ingredient in beer.</strong>

#30 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,118 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:47 AM

... but I'm not dead yet ! Don't want to get in the cart !

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#31 Mac Dude

Mac Dude

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 36,511 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

Who really knows?

I'm sure that it's not just one thing but a multitude of factors as has been pointed out. For me three of the main factors in no particular order would be lack of change/modernization of the platform, reduction of mag integration/writer participation over time and the polarized user base making it difficult for new users.

These and the increase of cute cat videos on the net.
Karl Kruszelnicki - No, I’m fully prepared to believe in the “Church of God the Utterly Indifferent who sets the universe going and says you’re on your own kids.

#32 Xen

Xen

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

... but I'm not dead yet ! Don't want to get in the cart !

No you're not. you'll be stone dead in a moment.

#33 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,966 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

I'll be here till I draw my last shakey breath.

Even when it implodes, I'll be sitting on my chair next to the hole that once was At0mic, welcoming people to my beloved hole in the ground, and telling stories of how it once was a thriving metropolis.

All this talk of holes makes me think of something by TomSka, and ironically, yep, that'll be me.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#34 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

I love you guys

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#35 imek

imek

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

Can't quite remember when I joined... but I always somehow still come back... and post in these threads...it's becoming a recurring theme to just be posting in threads about people posting :P

And just having the forums online is enough for me to return.

#36 CSCommando

CSCommando

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

This place was bustling back in the day!. i think I would have been in my early Uni days when i joined up.

One day, I just stopped coming to the forums.. Dont remember why :(

#37 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:46 AM

And that's it - people move on. It's natural :)

#38 ash_XP

ash_XP

Master

• Atomican
  • 865 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:55 PM

Ive only just come back to the forum a little while back. I loved this place and TBH it kinda gave me the warm fuzzies coming back after such a long hiatus. This place taught me heaps when I was just getting into the IT industry. 

#39 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

Aw.

#40 half-fix

half-fix

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

as spriggan said but i still kept my account alive and ive come back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users