16801071550_91b2d23962.jpg

Prison by r3min, on Flickr

#2 The Tick

The Tick

Hero

• Super Hero
  • 11,710 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

Cool - how are you finding the panasonic?

Disclaimer: this post may have been made via a mobile device. All formatting, grammar and the possible hilarious substitution of key words should be attributed to the autocorrect features of the mobile device and likely has nothing to do with the idiot driving it.

te0p:"Your a Unreal."

#3 ordinal481

ordinal481

Serf

• Lurker
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

As a run around, hiking/travel camera, it's fantastic. Only thing I could ask for more is weather sealing.

I can understand peoples need for choices of lense etc. but honestly, this thing performs just as well, if not better than any zoom lense equivalent I've used, especially at 1.8.

The back dial is prob my biggest gripe with construction, everything is brilliantly made, solid feeling...except that thing, it just feels cheap.

Ahhhh, I can't really think of much else, so here's a transcript of a friend asking question on FB:

Hey dan how do you go with this camera? I'm tossing between this one and x100t
Like · Reply · 31 March at 21:20

Dan Cook It ended up coming down to price in the end. I got the lx100 on a really good deal. Love the all manual controls, and the general feel. Images are sharp enough across the range.
The x100t is a fixed prime camera, with essentially the same design...but being fixed to me is way too limited, especially when you can get a very similar camera in the lx100 for cheaper, and has a zoom. Better off saving and getting an XT1 I reckon, if you want primes, large sensor etc. I'll be getting that later on, for it's weather proof ness
Like · Reply · 1 April at 06:30

i'm toying between lx100 and x100t. I already have nex-6. i think XT1 is out of my budget  So you still find the zoom range limited?
Like · Reply · 1 April at 09:59

Dan Cook The lx100 has a decent zoom, havnt had any real problems yet. I don't really do super zoom photography so yea. The x100t has no zoom, it's a static 35mm prime lense.
Like · Reply · 1 April at 10:14

yup no zoom. trading that for speed and sensors
Like · Reply · 1 April at 10:48

Dan Cook Mmmm, at the widest the lx100 does 1.8, so does really well in low light, and is fast. However, the dial on top only goes to 1 second for Tv, so you need to use the dial on the back for 2 second exposures etc. I find it annoying...
For the sensor, unless you're doing epically large prints, the 12 micro 3/4 on the lx100 is fine.
Like · Reply · 1 April at 11:00

Dan Cook Also, example of 1.7 @ widest zoom:

Feel free to add me on there mate, if you've got any more immediate questions, just lemme know (Or if you're friends from anyone in PAC, I'll know you're from atomic :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users