• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 bowiee

bowiee

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

Hi there everyone long time no see. Just popped in to see if you all could recommend a good VPN service, pay for of course. I have never really looked into these services before and google is throwing up a bewildering choice. But I want to make sure I get security and bang for buck, and thats what you are all noted for in these fourms.

#2 mohawk

mohawk

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

I have been looking at one called Mullvad.

Check it out and see what you think.

Atomic's Most Recommended Psu's Thread. http://forums.atomic...p?showtopic=266

#3 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,766 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

[ wee derail ]

I've no idea. Saw you on line and wanted to say hi.

So Hi Bowiee !

[end derail]

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#4 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

bowiee !!!!!! stay! <3

TunnelBear gets good reviews.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#5 bowiee

bowiee

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

Hi there all :) been having a tough time with the black dog inbetween helping to care for my granddaughter. Just about to go into hospital over night for a biopsy for a lump in my throat. But the good news is they have looked at it through the nasal scope and it looks benign, will know more soon. Keep the recommendations coming please. Oh I have been keeping up through the mag, but its not as good as picking the best brians around, will try to pop in more often to say hi and will check this thread regular, its good to see so many regulars still here, hope your all doing well.

#6 ordinal481

ordinal481

Serf

• Lurker
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

NordVPN has been really good to me, their on website pop up chat support thing is really really good, they're gotten back to me within a minute every time I've used it.

#7 CptnChrysler

CptnChrysler

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:22 AM

Hi bowiee,

I've been using https://www.privateinternetaccess.com  for a while now - have never had a glitch and at $39.95US a year not too costly.

No Log files kept, multiple exit points, OpenVPN, PPTN, IPSEC/L2TP, SOCKS5 proxy.

Up to 5 devices simultaneously. 

There is good setup instructions on the site but I've never needed tech support so can't comment on that (Maybe thats a good thing?).

Everyone's entitled to my opinion! I've got the T-Shirt to prove it.

#8 bowiee

bowiee

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:23 PM

NordVPN has been really good to me, their on website pop up chat support thing is really really good, they're gotten back to me within a minute every time I've used it.

Now I like the look of that one, but will consider all comers and let you all know my decision. :)

#9 bushi

bushi

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,748 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:59 AM

Do you notice slow downs with a paid VPN?

I use SoftEther VPN.  It's free and has lots of servers built in to choose from, but it is pretty slow compared to my normal connection.

http://bfbc2.statsve...pc/squatter.png i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

#10 Mills

Mills

Champion

• Hero
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

TorGuard have a sale on at the moent from this link:

https://www.ozbargai....au/node/189120

I see NU-ZING, I hear NU-ZING and above all I know NU-ZING

Kablez "Abbott is so self involved in his 'action' that it sounds like he's answering questions no one's cared to ask."

#11 bowiee

bowiee

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:17 AM

Do you notice slow downs with a paid VPN?

I use SoftEther VPN.  It's free and has lots of servers built in to choose from, but it is pretty slow compared to my normal connection.

P2P support ? cannot see it there.

#12 bowiee

bowiee

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Ok if that's all the suggestions I think my choice is NordVPN Thanks all for your suggestions. :)

I have had my biopsy and go back next week for the results, I am hoping its not another bout of cancer, the upside is the doctor does not think so. Will let you know soon, wish me luck.

Edited by bowiee, 15 April 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#13 stuub27

stuub27

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

Good luck!

#14 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,766 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

I have had my biopsy and go back next week for the results, I am hoping its not another bout of cancer, the upside is the doctor does not think so. Will let you know soon, wish me luck.

All the best bowiee.

Your doctor would be foolish to get your hopes up like that, so I'ma going with his thought on it :)

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#15 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

Bowiee, How did NORD work out?

I'm in the market for a VPN service myself. Preferably one I can use a proxy over a mobile phone too.

Pings? Delays? etc?

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#16 The Tick

The Tick

Hero

• Super Hero
  • 11,710 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Hi bowiee,

I've been using https://www.privateinternetaccess.com  for a while now - have never had a glitch and at $39.95US a year not too costly.

No Log files kept, multiple exit points, OpenVPN, PPTN, IPSEC/L2TP, SOCKS5 proxy.

Up to 5 devices simultaneously. 

There is good setup instructions on the site but I've never needed tech support so can't comment on that (Maybe thats a good thing?).

I ended up with these guys too.

So far they seem pretty good.

On the health side - good luck mate. Here's to hoping it's not serious.

Edited by The Tick, 20 April 2015 - 04:56 PM.

Disclaimer: this post may have been made via a mobile device. All formatting, grammar and the possible hilarious substitution of key words should be attributed to the autocorrect features of the mobile device and likely has nothing to do with the idiot driving it.

te0p:"Your a Unreal."

#17 bowiee

bowiee

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

Sorry it's been awhile for me to reply been busy and with treatments. I ended up going with nord VPN and it's working a treat 😃 thank you all for your help, that will keep the busybodies out 😊 and it's a great price.

Master the local servers have pigs around 40 not to horrible and my downloads run almost as fast so I am happy 😊

They say I will beat the cancer again, so wish me luck 🍀

Edited by bowiee, 04 June 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#18 chrisjohnson

chrisjohnson

Serf

• Lurker
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:03 PM

i recommend PureVPN because what i experience is it's the fastest vpn service worldwide. Most of the times, I use L2TP VPN Service protocol for security purposes as you all know now a days the data retention issue we are facing in australia.

#19 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

If you're not a bot...... why bump a year old thread?

Since you have, I'm looking into these guys:

http://www.vpncompar...ovider/hide-me/

Everything about them sounds pretty good, and their prices once you ask for your 35% off code is fairly reasonable....

#20 slayme1974

slayme1974

Learner

• Quark
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:09 PM

I've also used NordVPN and I find it fast, user friendly and it's priced resonably

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users