Photo

strange intermitant colour change

Best Answer redrob, 10 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

sorry should of replied ealier after a few different calls to Dell i finally found someone that just said you will be sent a brand new monitor in the next few days ,just put this one in the box and send it back to us all good got my new 2015 Dell a016 4 days later .Thanks for all your help   

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

Dell UltraSharp U3014  i have been getting this wierd colour change it is blue and the screen shakes and looks like its cracked  ,its strange as it does not do it all the timebut now that colour change has gone and another has taken its spot the whole screen goes a bright green and pink ,if i restart the pc its back to normal.I tried to capture a screen shot but when i viewed it it was normal.

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Sounds like you're using VGA and there's a bad pin connection.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Master_Scythe nah i definatley have dvi conected from monitor to gpu

the big white plug from monitor to gpu is that right.

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#4 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

OK that's a bit more odd then.

You see nothing else? no image corruption or stutters\loss of signal?

DVI is digital, its almost always 'working' or 'not' there's little if any 'in between'.

My gut says blame the GPU, but a new cable is the cheapest test, first of all.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#5 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

Ok thanks again for helping  ill try a new cable ,ii take a photo next time with my phone as the scrren shot save did not work.It saved it without the discolouration.

#6 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

Could also be that you could have it plugged into DVI port for dual monitors ,try changing to other DVI port on Graphics Card.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#7 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

gday codecreeper i only have 1 DVI plug on my hd7950 and 1 plug on my mobo ,thanks for the reply

#8 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Using Digital, its going to be hardware not software. (and your 'clean' screen cap proves that) So as annoying as it is, it's going to be a process of elimination.

#9 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

Thanks Master_Scythe i managed to capture some pics this morning ,i have not got a new DVI cable yet ,so i hope these pics might help you . i dont have permision to send images hmm i hope this works.ou are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. bugger how do i send pics please. i tried using the url in tiny pics

#10 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:42 AM

throw them on something like photobucket and paste a link.

#11 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

im not having any luck with photobucket either i set up my account,then verified my email ,i have checked to see if my photo format is compatible ,it is .I still get a failed error message any ideas.

#12 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hope these work

IMAG0436.jpg
jpg images

IMAG0439.jpg
free image hosting

IMAG0437.jpg
imagur

IMAG0442.jpg
upload image online

images_pdf4_Page_1.jpg
photos upload

#13 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

has anyone else had this happen.must be someone

#14 Dasa

Dasa

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

i had a few del monitor failures not exactly like that but one side of the screen went red
thankfully it was still under warranty

there photos of the monitor? or screenshots?

if there screenshots its the gpu

Silverstone TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2100\9600MHz  -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme  - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM
Parts Guide

#15 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

Thanks Dasa

nah i tried taking screen shots but when i went to view them they were normal,i captured them on my phone cam ,should still be under warranty but it does not do it all the time its not a constant problem .What do you recon i should do.

#16 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,713 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:45 PM

Weird... it's almost like the old analog RGB when a component dropped out except in this case those pics still seem to have discrete RGB components.

Regardless, DVI and HDMI are bitstreams so you shouldn't get such dropoffs like an analog interface can have.

Maybe it's a problem with the graphics card, or maybe a driver issue.  I'd not suspect the monitor too much though it'd be handy to have a second monitor preferably running in cloned mode to rule that out.

Or maybe it's a malware or OS corruption issue.

#17 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:09 AM

Thanks Rybags

Don't think its malware ,i run malware bytes,super anti spyware pro,spy-bot search and destroy ,Glary utilities ,cccleaner .almost every day maybe that's to many malware programs.I have the latest driver for my gpu,as i said before i had a similar screen problem a few months ago ,the screen actually looked cracked with mutiple round shapes going from large to small,the picture would move i would say it looked like it was vibrating.

Might just try a fresh install .Thanks for your help ill try find the other pic .

#18 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

IMAG0462.jpg
photo uploadIMAG0467.jpg
temp image upload

IMAG0463.jpg
upload images

This happened this morning,i managed to take some pics with my phone ,are these issues related your thoughts please.

after a restart it was ok

#19 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,713 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Hard to say.  Monitor might be a dud, though TVs and monitors can sometimes show a weird display if you try to use an unsupported mode over HDMI (my TV doesn't support the 24 fps modes but will just show vertical lines in some of them).

Really, you need another monitor or computer so to try and rule things out.

#20 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

yep ok no probs i have an old chimie ill hook it up and see what happens .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users