Photo

strange intermitant colour change

Best Answer redrob, 10 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

sorry should of replied ealier after a few different calls to Dell i finally found someone that just said you will be sent a brand new monitor in the next few days ,just put this one in the box and send it back to us all good got my new 2015 Dell a016 4 days later .Thanks for all your help   

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

Hmm the dual monitor thing is a problem because my dell only has DVI and Hdmi but my chemie only has VGA advise please

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#22 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

this is what i tried to no success disconnected the DVI on the  Dell and  the DVI on the GPU,then plugged the HDMI from the Dell to the Gpu .

Then i plugged the Chemie VGA into the VGA blue plug to the DVI adapter and plugged it in to the DVI of the GPU  and nothing worked so now im back to the original DVI setup.Did i stuff up the way i connected them ,should it have worked

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#23 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,375 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

Another problem you'll likely find is that the older monitor probably can't do anything near the resolution of the newer one.

A solution for testing purposes might be to set both monitors to the resolution of the old one, and run in cloned mode - put up with the fuzzy text for a while, in the name of working out why it's doing what it is.

#24 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,738 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

It should have worked fine;

Did you remember to drop the resolution to minimum in windows, and enable a second monitor before you started messing with plugs?

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#25 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

Thanks heaps Master _Scythe no i didn't but ill try that cheers.

This is so dam frustrating it has not done it since i posted the last screen shot .

I am thinking i will wipe my drive that does not have the OS on just programs,maybe there is a conflict with the old OS  .

I have my OS on my SSD drive i am 99.99999 % certain this is drive f ,but for some reason it shows the SSD as being C drive .I also want to free up some space on my old Hard drive.

Untitled.jpg
image hosting free

Not sure if this screen shot is any help can you advise please

#26 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:13 PM

Ok i chucked the other monitor and replaced the GPU card i still get the wierd pinky coloring but its not all the time should i contact dell

#27 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

im going to try display port when i get my cable from ebay,se if that amkes a difference

#28 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:46 PM   Best Answer

sorry should of replied ealier after a few different calls to Dell i finally found someone that just said you will be sent a brand new monitor in the next few days ,just put this one in the box and send it back to us all good got my new 2015 Dell a016 4 days later .Thanks for all your help   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users