• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

Um, I guess... If that's what you'd rather. 

Would probably be a lot easier to find than put them on the front page not many in here read PCTA frontpage and just enter forums.

Or you could use Facebook for video's with links into the forums.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#22 DontWorry

DontWorry

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

So this was a thing?

It was a thing.

Yeah, it was a thing.
We all know your SJW-ness.

But silencing someone's opinion? Not cool.
And then on top editing their post to day they're a homophobe, when there was nothing about that in the original post? Extremely hot cool.
And finally doing this to a gay person? That just shows how the SJW clique works. You're ok, if you tow the narrative line. Don't do that and you're a misogynist/homophobe/racist.
Don't worry, I'll be gone soon.
Can't have people causing dissidence.

Just treat everyone like mushrooms, keep them in the dark and feed them shit.

#23 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, it was a thing.

I agree. it was but we're all adults, and if someone made a mistake, so be it.

It's only still a thing because its in writing and screen shotted.

If someone spoke ill of someone (or in this instance, spoke for someone, incorrectly) then it'd be a second of 'pull your head in!' then the community would move on.

Thanks for derailing my thread, and trying to go on a public shaming spree rather than private messaging the person concerned, emailing them, or hell, even starting your own thread.

Regardless of who was right or wrong (and I can't see the original post, so I wont take sides, maybe Hawkeye is 100% at fault? I dont know, regardless), this is a very immature way to go about discussing it.

Edited by Master_Scythe, 24 June 2015 - 06:05 PM.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#24 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,962 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:37 PM

And finally doing this to a gay person? That just shows how the SJW clique works. You're ok, if you tow the narrative line. Don't do that and you're a misogynist/homophobe/racist.

I'm sure it's not what you intended for me to read from it, but it's hard for me not to wonder if you've never known any homophobic (or anti-gay, if you prefer that language better) gay people.  Or if you think there's some big conspiracy where there can't be a disagreeance on some things because some other things are agreed upon.

Not the same as a 'Now, I'm not racist, I have plenty of friends that aren't white, but...', but sort of that impact.

And, while it is kind of relevant to this thread as far as why people may be avoiding the site/forums/domain, DontWorry, if it's something you want to properly discuss, a new thread may be a better place so that it's easier to find.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#25 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,359 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

Yeah, it was a thing.

We all know your SJW-ness.

But silencing someone's opinion? Not cool.
And then on top editing their post to day they're a homophobe, when there was nothing about that in the original post? Extremely hot cool.

You're doing the same thing by lumping anyone that doesn't toe your particular flavour of narrative into the 'SJW' bucket, as if they're a conglomerate with identical goals, experiences and values.

While I agree that editing somes post is problematic, and that I'd too be angry in your position, at least try to consider why your post would trigger such a drastic response. Unfortunately I cannot help you there since I'm not privy to the content.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#26 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

See the mods dont do too bad of a job overall :P They listen!

But I will certainly point out the flaw in your "Im gay, so can't be a homophobe".

Maybe not 100%, but I know a large ammount of homosexuals (actually... thats odd for a straight dude.... still... i do!)

and more than one of them have the "I'm the CORRECT TYPE of Gay" attitude.

Trying to claim that flamboyant sparkly gays are wrong.

Or that collared submissive 'easy' gays are wrong.

or anything in between.

tldr? there are quite a few homophobic gays.

The question is, did you make an account purely to try and publicy shame someone among a group of friends of 10+ years?

Or are you actually interested in Technology and intend to join in the fun (we do have some :P), once you've )hopefully privately) discussed your grievance?

I guess that will speak louder than anything won't it?

Only a bully would join a community purely for the purpose of trying to shame someone. I mean, thats the sort of 'I can yell louder than you!' type behavior we should have all left behind in primary school.

Though, a mature person wanting to truly join in said community would bring it up right away, to clear the air, judge the crowd, and in true Australian mateship kinda throw a "oi, not on mate", because the person might not have been thinking enough before speaking\acting.

Considering DontWorry did more than a single post here, both are possible....

Edited by Master_Scythe, 25 June 2015 - 09:39 AM.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#27 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,196 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

Generally speaking, I believe I answered for these actions in the comment thread in question, and rather than further derail, I'm going to leave it at that.

Code, fire me an email (dhollingworth@nextmedia.com.au) if you want to talk about the vids further :) I don't think my presence here is helping all that much.

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#28 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:19 AM

Generally speaking, I believe I answered for these actions in the comment thread in question, and rather than further derail, I'm going to leave it at that.

Code, fire me an email (dhollingworth@nextmedia.com.au) if you want to talk about the vids further :) I don't think my presence here is helping all that much.

pfft, you're always welcome mate.

Hang around, pull up an old-tower-case chair, crack a tube of thermal paste and MPC for a while :P

#29 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,962 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

Suddenly all i can see in my head is a picture of David, face smeared in Arctic Silver, telling us how much of a love day it is.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#30 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,196 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

WITNESS ME!

Though, really, I'd be more like Immortan Hawkeye, and all the mods would be my Wives, and the rest of the forum would by HALF LIFE WARBOYS!

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#31 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

Suddenly all i can see in my head is a picture of David, face smeared in Arctic Silver, telling us how much of a love day it is.

Well? What do you do on a Thursday?

#32 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,774 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

Ooo impressive godly avatar ! ;)

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users