• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 866 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

I have a Dell U3014 Ultra sharp monitor ,my question is i found a cable when i was chucking some stuff i believe  it to be a display port cable ,As i have DVI conected at the moment from monitor to HD7950 GPU .

Can i conect display port from gpu to monitor,will i notice any difference visual difference ,anything that improve my dodgy vision is a pluss.    

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Ryzen 1600 X Aorus Ge force GTX 1070  Ram x 16gb  1070Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#2 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,848 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

Not really any advantage over DVI at standard resolutions except easier to insert connector and the fact it and HDMI also can carry audio (though DVI in some cases does too).

I believe DisplayPort and HDMI standards go above and beyond DVI for provisioning for the insanely high resolutions some monitors can now do but if you're just doing sub 2K resolutions there's probably not a lot of point changing.

Some monitors again are including speakers but I imagine that like most TVs they're crappy $5 quality types and you'd just be better off with a set of $30 Logitechs in the traditional way.

#3 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 866 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Cheers Rybags great info

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Ryzen 1600 X Aorus Ge force GTX 1070  Ram x 16gb  1070Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#4 mudjimba

mudjimba

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:55 PM   Best Answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users