• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:57 AM

Was trying to get attachments from emails in too phone SD card. Could not be done.

So i read the MS site on support apparently this was done to prevent virus's and such infecting the phone before Windows 10 is released on Mobiles. Seems they said over %99 of viruses come from emails and sandboxing the emails prevents virus's from infecting the phone.

Just hope the remove sand boxing when W10 for mobiles is released.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#2 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

Heya! Been absent from the Atomic forums for a few years (I'm not a hacker using stolen login).

Just loaded Windows 10 Phone Build 10572 over my WP8.1 two days ago. I don't have a SD card in my Lumia 830 so I can't test saving attachments to the SD card.

Cortana at your service

#3 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

Heya! Been absent from the Atomic forums for a few years (I'm not a hacker using stolen login).

Just loaded Windows 10 Phone Build 10572 over my WP8.1 two days ago. I don't have a SD card in my Lumia 830 so I can't test saving attachments to the SD card.

Welcome Back.

I have actually noticed that downloading an app called "File Explorer" is supposed to help. It looks just like the explorer in Windows.

The Final release of Windows10 for Mobiles could be the same time Sydney store opens for Microsoft.

#4 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

I think December 2015 is the final release date.

Cortana at your service

#5 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

Just read an article on Windows Phones it very negative towards these phones. Saying that unless you live in US forget the Windows Phones.

The new CEO is making USA first so the features on phones will never be available in countries for years. Even buying Windows Phones will be phased back to Microsoft Stores only.

Must agree is some ways.

Finding apps is really hard that i can use. Even so they so much data hungry.

Probably why my phone has been turned off for the last week ,its just not enjoyable. Email app is locked down so no attachments can be received or sent or pics. I even looked for another email client none available yet ,was hoping for thunderbird.

Even doing try doing a budget on my phone ,no Spreadsheet unless i buy Office365.

Games are fine but anything else looks nasty and cheap.

As article mentions WIndows 10 on PC's are their main focus now ,not Windows Mobile release.

#6 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,970 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

Don't windows phones have an option to basically throttle data usage on metred connections for when you're away from home? And at home who cares wifi.

You're dreaming if you expect Thunderbird to be on mobile platforms. It' a small miracle firefox is.

Why would you buy office365 for your phone when google docs and there's stuff like https://products.off...e-windows-phone ?

At this point I don't understand if you're complaining that you can't save attachments locally on your phone, or can't see/get them at all.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#7 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

At this point I don't understand if you're complaining that you can't save attachments locally on your phone, or can't see/get them at all.

you cannot get them at all because the phone is sand boxed to stop virus's and malware.

Which would make it easier rather than use onedrive to setup on 2 devices.

#8 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

You can send and receive attachments in email app. Excel is installed on windows 8 and 10 phone.

Cortana at your service

#9 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

You can send and receive attachments in email app. Excel is installed on windows 8 and 10 phone.

you can send them as an email but not as an attachment.

So you cannot put instructions on the email first ,so you need to send 2 emails.

#10 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Hmmm the review on todays PCTA cover about the new phones make feel like did i buy a lemon?

With the reviews on the last Windows Phones ,could this be end of them. Must agree the FB app is woeful.

#11 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

There's a new update to new facebook update coming.

Cortana at your service

#12 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,970 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:43 AM

You bought a phone with less than 5% marketshare. The only thing keeping it going is MS having very deep pockets. Whether they fold and give up or keep going... what did you expect by not picking an Android or iOS device?

IIRC complaints about the FB app have been longstanding.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#13 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:30 AM

Fb app isn't that bad. I prefer it to the over cluttered fb web sites.

Cortana at your service

#14 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:49 AM

Fb app isn't that bad. I prefer it to the over cluttered fb web sites.

My FB app keeps wanting to detect things like likes and such ,so active. It almost did some updates on its own so i turned off the mobile data on updates to only wifi updates.

ou bought a phone with less than 5% marketshare. The only thing keeping it going is MS having very deep pockets. Whether they fold and give up or keep going... what did you expect by not picking an Android or iOS device?

No idea never owned a mobile phone before ,but i have noticed not many apps are available.

#15 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

Microsoft store allows larger downloads wifi only, so you don't get nasty surprises on your 4g bill

Cortana at your service

#16 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

Cc, I have ordered a microsd card for My 830. Report back to you about your issue when I get around to it.

Edited by Jeruselem, 15 November 2015 - 12:57 PM.

Cortana at your service

#17 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

http://www.pcauthori...ed-to-fail.aspx

Not bad ,never knew all the support stopped ages ago.

Might go buy a Andriod Moto G or 8 ,then use Windows Phone as Wifi phone.

#18 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,413 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

Microsoft sandboxed apps for a very good reason. iOS and Android apps aren't sandboxed but a lot apps in the iOS and Android are nothing more than data mining or spyware, Apple and Google have been sneakily killing off apps because some Chinese app makers have been flooding the app market with these kind of apps. Some of those apps have embedded spyware.

Edited by Jeruselem, 18 November 2015 - 05:17 PM.

Cortana at your service

#19 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,970 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

I don't know how you got that from the article, considering the phone you have.

#20 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

I don't know how you got that from the article, considering the phone you have.

Reading the article again i might have put it in the wrong context.

After reading it again i went to whingepool and read their section on Windows Phones it seems the new builds are getting closer to a final build ,its just that these updates are slow  to put out for testing and i think this is why not many apps are being updated.

The latest build is removing some sandboxing in the Phones usage ,like SD usage and App storage on SD.

Would like to use my phone more but just cannot find any apps i could use. Most are paid for which i really do want to pay for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users