Photo

Trying to install office 2007 on Windows 10 and installer window is tiny!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ishta2000

Ishta2000

Charge

• Atomican
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:18 AM

I have installed Windows 10 and I am trying to install my office 2007 onto the system and the dialogue windows that opens up asking me to tick the agreement box is so small and compressed that I cannot actually tick the box! I have tried tabbing, using arrow keys, hitting enter to no avail. 

I was going to upload a screen shot of it but got fed up and closed the installer after several attempts of closing a restarting everything.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to increase the size of the installer box? And no you cannot simply expand the window I have tried that and it there are no dragging arrows or maximise and minimise buttons either.

Cheers

i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz, Gigabyte MB Z77X-UDH5, Windows 7 64Bit, Gigabyte HD 7950 2GB GPU, 120 GB OCZ Vertex II SSD and 120 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, Fractal Design Node 605 Case.

#2 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,606 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:01 AM

That's pretty crappy.

It mightn't help at all but you could try decreasing the screen resolution before starting the installer.  Generally such dialog boxes will be defined in pixel dimensions and not DPI or screen% so it should make it bigger.

Of course the pixel dimensions will be the same so it mightn't help at all since the mouse pointer just takes bigger steps.

Plan B could be to try the accessability options for Windows.  There's stuff like key assist and screen zoom which might help.

#3 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,517 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

Is the Windows DPI settings set to 100%? Weird things happen when it's set to 125% or 150%.

Edited by Jeruselem, 03 December 2015 - 12:17 PM.

Cortana at your service

#4 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,336 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

Is the Windows DPI settings set to 100%? Weird things happen when it's set to 125% or 150%.

yep drop the screen DPI to 100% and if still too small drop your screen resolution a bit.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users