• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jackhell

jackhell

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:14 AM

I had a file with .dbf extension (it was a .dbf III file ) and I right clicked it in order to open it with Excel. The thingis that I forgot to uncheck the option on the bottom that says "always open the specific file with this format" and now every .dbf III file that I have opens with Excel as a default and I don't want this. I tried to right click it and uncheck the specific box this time but still nothing... it still has the Excel option as a default. 
How can I reverse this??? I want to be able to choose the .dbf file

#2 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,299 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:34 AM

Put a new CPU, power supply and floppy drive into your computer.  Then reinstall Windows.

#3 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,695 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hold shift when you right click, and the option will come back, simply choose program again.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#4 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,315 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#5 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,408 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:24 AM

It really depends which version of windows you are running, but somewhere in the control panel you should find a "File Associations" area as aliali said.

Change the association to whichever program you like for that extension.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#6 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

Maybe you should make it so when they signup some categories are compulsory ,but yeah it can still be abused and avoided.

Email verification would at least give somewhere to start looking for answers to these 1 post questions.

Looking at this OP profile i see what you mean.

Or maybe try a area where new users can only post ,after they have replied to comments you can upgrade their accounts to normal access to other threads.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#7 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,962 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:34 PM

Maybe you should post that kind of commentary somewhere where people will actually see it.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users