Photo

New Dell just flickered then went blank

Best Answer redrob, 12 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

all good thanks Xen i did what

Jeruselem sugested and nothing so now i have a new Dell being shipped but they are on back order so wont et it itll the 20th of jan.

Cheers guys for your help once again

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

My replacement 30" Dell just flickered and now nothing,am so over Dell this is this years model might it be my GPU thoughts please.I dont have another card to test it or another monitor.

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#2 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,060 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

These days monitors will usually have the annoying startup logo or at the least come up with a message saying which input is active (or "No display").

If it's got HDMI then it'll probably work with something like a digital TV box though it's a good idea to change it to output 60Hz video first.

In any case, you'll usually get a slightly lighter shade of grey if the monitor still puts up a display but the backlight is out.  With the right angle/lighting you can make out some stuff (though totally unusable as a display).

#3 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

i can see the backlight when i boot te pc up but htats it no picture

thanks rybags it is conected with DVI  

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#4 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

do you think it might be the gpu

#5 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

help please ill be calling Dell tomorrow as they are shut weekends

#6 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,060 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:58 PM

Surely the thing has onscreen display for something.  Like if you press a button that by default changes brightness.

If you've got no other tablet, settop box, whatever to try with it, then that's the only way to verify it.

#7 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

so if i hdmi from my monitor to the laptop and onscreen dispaly there is nothing ,i am trying to send a tinypic but stupid htc one m8 sync manager wont install on dam laptop grrrrrrr

#8 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,042 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

Can you borrow a netbook or laptop off a friend?

Having trouble with A [?]OS11.1?

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Australia in but Italy, Chile, Netherlands, USA = FAIL.

#9 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hi Jerusalem cheers for your reply yer can do I'll try it tonight before I call dell

#10 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

Well after troubleshooting with a Dell tech for 20mins then a quick pause would you mind waiting 1 minute sure .

Then i was greeted once again by the Tech as this monitor is under warranty we  will be sending you a replacement monitor tomorrow.now im thinking how much i could sell this for ,and try another brand .Cheers for your help guys.

#11 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,060 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

There's something like 3 factories in the world that make the display panels.

Though they're not usually the problem (blank, misbehaving pixels aside).

Stuff like backlight, power board, logic board can come from anywhere and that's where the budget stuff can bite you.

Dell, although they are anything but the BMW of computers, tend not to source stuff from junk manufacturers.

#12 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

hmm thanks rybags so if i wanted to sell it new in the box what price would i get do you think its a  Dell UltraSharp U3014 A06 May 2015 what would you get with my system specs ,I have not good eyesite so the clearer and bigger screen for me the better.

#13 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,060 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

Sell price, no idea.  Probably do a search of various sources for AU pricing, then ask 75%

#14 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

Can someone tell me please would I huge benefit from getting a 4K monitor or a144hz one instead and would my PC be able to run such a monitor

#15 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,042 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Pointless if your GPU doesn't support 4K and then you need 4K support in games you play, I think your 290 does support 4K.

Having trouble with A [?]OS11.1?

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Australia in but Italy, Chile, Netherlands, USA = FAIL.

#16 Xen

Xen

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

The 290 will support 4K but don't expect blinding speeds.

If you have a TV that supports HDMI try plugging the system into that to see if its the GPU or a laptop as per Jeruselem's suggestion.

Are you running the 290 with the fan speed unlocked?

Any warning lights on the motherboard?

#17 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:34 PM   Best Answer

all good thanks Xen i did what

Jeruselem sugested and nothing so now i have a new Dell being shipped but they are on back order so wont et it itll the 20th of jan.

Cheers guys for your help once again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users