Photo

how to transfer text messages from android to computer?

android sms backup

Best Answer Rybags, 10 February 2017 - 11:17 AM

I use "Skincare SPF30 erection prolong file explorer and SMS preserver" now.  Pretty good package.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 eveeve

eveeve

Serf

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

There are two main reasons why we need to transfer text messages to computer. You have memorable text messages received from your lover, your friends or your families and you wish to keep them forever.
The other reason for transferring SMS to computer is for future records before they clear their inbox or outbox. Now i'll guide you <edited> with <edited>.

Edited

Step 1:Connect Android Phone to pc
The first thing you need to do is to download and install the <edited>  on your pc and launch it. The next is connect your Android phone to pc via usb cable. Your device will appear on the screen. The manager would recognise your android device automatically.

Notice: If this is the first time you connect android phone to the problem on computer, you should enable USB debugging first, and install a USB driver on your computer, then the app would detect your android phone automatically.

Step 2:Select sms and Start Export
You can find many icon on the left, find "Contacts" and click it, all then go to "SMS", then all sms on your android phone will be listed on the right. Then select and check you want to transfer, at last click "Export" to start the work.

That's all!

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 05 March 2016 - 10:21 AM.
You are banned for putting in links after the fact

#2 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,352 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

/Waits for another serf to post a link to a website that does it all for you for a small fee.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,705 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

Already RTM'd it before.

Got me buggered why anyone would try to sell such a utility, I used a free one that worked just fine when I changed phones.

Or maybe the linked program will be a spyware one that sends a copy of the file back to base.

#4 smadge1

smadge1

Titan

• Atomican
  • 25,708 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

I use SMSBackup, and it syncs with my GMail account, easily accessed using a web browser or email client.

Put your monkey where your mouth is. These are the voyages of the starship Lucy Liu. What's On My Mind? http://twitter.com/smadge1 http://smadge1.tumblr.com/

#5 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,414 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:10 AM

Since there is no link, I'll leave this here as it is something I've had to look up in the past to do too.

You can't do it as easily as the OP is stating though.  It is actually a complete PITA.

Thanks Smadge, I'll have a look at that one. :)

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#6 lucyll

lucyll

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for sharing,<removed> could also help, we can also use it to manage android phone on computer easily, google it to know more info.

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 18 February 2016 - 09:48 PM.
advertising

#7 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,705 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

No link, a bit more subtle way of advertising this time.  Fark.

But the website and product actually look legit, chances are it's real software but still breaches the FAQ.

#8 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,414 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

Obviously what we are doing IS working.  They will give up eventually.

We still remove completely sometimes.  Edit links sometimes.  Just clean up other times.

We can hold out longer than they can.  There is easier pickings elsewhere.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#9 Bthaaky

Bthaaky

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

You can backup Android SMS to computer in one click with GO AWAY SPAMMER app.And you can transfer android messages to PC and save as .xml or txt file.It compatible with all popular Android phones, like HTC, Google, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, and more.

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 07 March 2016 - 02:26 PM.
You are also banned

#10 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,352 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

Sneaky buggers are now editing in links later on.

#11 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,414 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

Thanks aliali.  I've edited and banned. :)

Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#12 Director

Director

Immortal

• Hero
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

I still use myphoneexplorer   fwiw.

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

Those Who Dance Are Considered Insane by Those Who Can’t Hear the Music.

#13 nanshou

nanshou

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

Need to find a tool to give you the ability to get access to the phone's internal flash card and export them to the computer? Just try this Vibosoft Android Mobile Manager. It can help you easily transfer text messages from Android to computer via USB connecting cord. 

#14 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,005 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:08 AM

Well isn't this the honeypot that keeps on giving.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#15 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,906 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

Need to find a tool to give you the ability to get access to the phone's internal flash card and export them to the computer? Just try this Vibosoft Android Mobile Manager. It can help you easily transfer text messages from Android to computer via USB connecting cord. 

For anyone who stumpbles on this thread via Google or whatever, This is a Spambot, and its suggested software is likely a scam also.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#16 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,705 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:17 AM   Best Answer

I use "Skincare SPF30 erection prolong file explorer and SMS preserver" now.  Pretty good package.

#17 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,352 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

Damn all in the one bottle? Sign me up Scotty.

#18 Mendez564

Mendez564

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

There are two main reasons why we need to transfer text messages to computer. You have memorable text messages received from your lover, your friends or your families and you wish to keep them forever.
The other reason for transferring SMS to computer is for future records before they clear their inbox or outbox. Now i'll guide you <edited> with <edited>.

Edited

The first thing you need to do is to download and install the <edited>  on your pc and launch it. The next is connect your Android phone to pc via usb cable. Your device will appear on the screen. The manager would recognise your android device automatically.

Notice: If this is the first time you connect android phone to the problem on computer, you should enable USB debugging first, and install a USB driver on your computer, then the app would detect your android phone automatically.

You can find many icon on the left, find "Contacts" and click it, all then go to "SMS", then all sms on your android phone will be listed on the right. Then select and check you want to transfer, at last click "Export" to start the work.

That's all!

Well, if you are having an samsung device then you can take the help from kies, I am sure most of the devices have their own pc suite available but if that's not available still you can do that by connection your device to PC with the help of USB cable and select the MTP mode over the screen. That should start working for you !   

Edited by Mendez564, 14 June 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#19 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,906 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Edited

That's all!

Well, if you are having an samsung device then you can take the help from kies, I am sure most of the devices have their own pc suite available but if that's not available still you can do that by connection your device to PC with the help of USB cable and select the MTP mode over the screen. That should start working for you !   

That will only work for files, not for messages within the txt app.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#20 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,705 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

I do suspect it's just a spammer again... seems they're changing strategy and avoiding putting up links in early posts but instead giving either blatantly obvious or blatantly irrelevant advice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, sms, backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users