Photo

how to transfer text messages from android to computer?

android sms backup

Best Answer Master_Scythe, 27 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

I actually found a great solution to this, if any REAL user is looking for an Answer.

SIGNAL messenger fully supports and export and import menu, with the ability to tick individual contacts discussions.

It doesn't bring the MMS content with it, however there is a great menu to show all MMS content and bulk download that too.

So besides the security reasons to switch to Signal as your default SMS and messaging app, there's some usability features there too!!!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 jolunoris

jolunoris

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:01 PM

I still use myphoneexplorer   fwiw.

the app can't detect my S8, lol. it used to work great with my LG G3

#22 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,097 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

What part are you trying to get to on said phone?

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#23 jolunoris

jolunoris

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

What part are you trying to get to on said phone?

Text messages and WhatsApp chat history. I already fixed it with this tutorial: *No link available*

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 01 July 2017 - 10:14 PM.
Link removal

#24 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,097 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:01 PM   Best Answer

I actually found a great solution to this, if any REAL user is looking for an Answer.

SIGNAL messenger fully supports and export and import menu, with the ability to tick individual contacts discussions.

It doesn't bring the MMS content with it, however there is a great menu to show all MMS content and bulk download that too.

So besides the security reasons to switch to Signal as your default SMS and messaging app, there's some usability features there too!!!

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#25 Wankerty

Wankerty

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Hello, i also need to transfer 400+ text messages from my galaxy s7 to my computer, how can i do it? I used Mobiledic Android manager to transfer messages from my Android phone to computer, it works perfectly!

source: https://www.mobiledi...o-computer.html

Edited by Wankerty, 27 September 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#26 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Nice userid!

Get some OCR software - take screenshots with another phone/camera of the messages you wish to copy, scrolling from start to finish.  Run each picture through the OCR program then use Word to stitch the text files together.

#27 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,097 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Hello, i also need to transfer 400+ text messages from my galaxy s7 to my computer, how can i do it?

Install SIGNAL messenger.

Say YES to importing your existing TXT messages.

Then from the menu, "Export to Plain Text" and it'll make a file, with all your txt's in it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, sms, backup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users