• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,409 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hi Guys,  I've got a logitech usb headphones (some cheapie model) and I have the wierdest issue.  I'm running Win 10.

So, I can only hear both music and voice in a song if I turn the left or right channel to zero in the balance and the other channel right up. 

The issue I have is that it a. won't STAY on this setting (it keeps going back to the balanced setting) and b. now keeps muting the headphones completely all the time.

I've looked for a driver and logitech says I don't need one other than the windows one.  I've updated the windows driver and it tells me it's up to date.

AARRGGGHHHHH.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#2 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,378 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

My audio drivers are utter crap, despite it being integrated Soundmax HD audio the drivers provide next to nothing in the way of customisation - ie I was really missing the equalizer function with the old Realtek ones.

To the rescue - DFX audio enhancer.  Apparently fairly popular with laptops and systems where the standard drivers just don't provide the controls you need.

Might help your situation or might not, but worth a shot.  The trial version is somewhat crippled though.

#3 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,409 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Thanks Rybags.  Yeah, the trial version is fairly awful.  I might see if there is a freebie out there somewhere.

I just wish I could work out what the hell the issue is though.  I presume it's driver wierdness.  When I have some dollars I'm gonna invest in a decent headphones system.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#4 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,378 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:30 PM

I ran Windows Update the other day... weird thing is it pulled a couple down relating to Logitech (I use the Setpoint mouse sw).  Long shot but might be worth a look.

#5 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,277 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

I use the Logitech Gaming Mouse software, OK it's meant for my G302.

Cortana at your service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users