• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

I have been asked to edit our local meditation page and i want to ask the pros without googling heaps of crap.

My question is.

On pinterest there are a lot of spiritual quotes can i copy these and paste them on my site with out getting in the poop i have tried to understand the copyright laws but i am now more confused at dos and donts

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#2 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

It is possible to just embed the relevant Pinterest board on the website?

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#3 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:13 PM

Ok thanks for your help do i need a program to embed pages please

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.  what about say another site that has information on my topic

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#4 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

looks like a headache for a dumb arse like me

#5 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

Can you modify the HTML of the page? If so, try using this:

<script async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

<a data-pin-do="embedBoard" data-pin-board-width="600" data-pin-scale-height="400" data-pin-scale-width="80" href="https://www.pinterest.com/marykayus/inspirational-quotes/"></a> 

That will give you a widget that looks like this:

https://jsfiddle.net/8mbLc9nr/

You can change the URL in that markup to whatever Pinterest board that you want shown.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#6 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

.:Cyb3rGlitch:. Awesome thanks heaps ill try that

not sure if i can modify the html or not how can i tell please.

#7 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

.:Cyb3rGlitch:. Awesome thanks heaps ill try that

not sure if i can modify the html or not how can i tell please.

How are you editing the page at the moment? Is there an online interface, or did they give you access to their server somewhere?

#8 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

its on weebly and yes i have admin rights thanks for your help

#9 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

That service seems to have an 'embedded code' element that you can drag and drop into the page. Maybe try that?

#10 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

hmm im a noob and have no idea what im doing i dont want to stuff it up i dragged the embed code but have no idea what im supposed to do with it .

#11 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

Drag it onto the page where you want the Pinterest stuff to show up. Then press 'Edit custom HTML' and replace the 'Click to set custom HTML' text with the markup I posted above. It'll probably look blank until you refresh the page, but I tried it myself and it turned out like this:

http://atomichelp.weebly.com/

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:., 25 March 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#12 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:30 PM

hmm my page looks like this if i click on edit i get a block that says save footer .2hdz43n.jpg

not sure if this will help i tried to drag an image but nothing to say edit custom html 33few0o.jpg

#13 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

Did you drag in an 'Embed Code' element?

#14 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:53 PM

ill try that thought i did ill try again

ok i see it now so now i add what you typed at the start

hmm whats next please2v8jon4.jpg

#15 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

That should work. Either publish the page, or click the button on the top banner next to 'SETTINGS' and switch to 'phone' and then back to 'desktop' again to force the page to refresh.

#16 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

HMM were should i have dragged the image

#17 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:28 PM

The embed code element? Wherever you want the Pinterest stuff to show up.

#18 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

oh der thanks

ok i have something but not what i want what did i do wrong 2808j0o.jpg

thanks for your help ill try again tomorrow time for me to crash .

#19 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:44 PM

help please i need to edit this site

#20 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

What do you want it to look like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users