• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DiegoSoler

DiegoSoler

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:19 AM

I have a pdf file that will open up only to the the print menu. then after a minute or 2, acrobat crashes    full version is 5.0.

Other pdf's open up to the container, full menu, etc.

This is my only file and source, and i need to edit it. is there a way of salvaging it? thanks.

#2 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

Open it using a later version, adobe 5 is ancient.

Cortana at your service

#3 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,408 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:27 AM

Yep, update.

If you are looking for tools, you won't find them here I'm afraid.  Let us know what happens after you open it in a newer version.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#4 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,193 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

PDF file format is not the same across versions, old versions can't handle the newer version file formats and ditch.

Cortana at your service

#5 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:54 PM

Foxit reader will handle documents Adobe wont (in the case of corruption or like events)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#6 GergoLakatos

GergoLakatos

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

The file is very likely corrupt, and there is nothing you can do about that. You can try other PDF viewers (non-Adobe products) to see if another program can display the file.  Try this online service. I found it in Google.

<link removed>

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 19 April 2016 - 09:41 PM.
link removed

#7 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,290 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:55 PM

Yep, just give them your email address and possibly sensitive information containing PDF file.

And not only will they fail to do anything useful if your file is corrupted but as a bonus not send you any steak knives but no doubt subscribe you to plenty of spam mailing lists that will offer you steak knife sets along with lots of other things you don't want to buy or otherwise read about.

#8 DiegoSoler

DiegoSoler

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:14 AM

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

#9 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,359 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:10 PM

Should have left the link Chaos, I had changed it to a surprise lmao!

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#10 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Its not a good forum unless you tell us HOW you solved it.

Was it just that your version of Adobe hadnt been seen since Windows 98?

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#11 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,290 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

Why bother?  It'd be a fake explanation of the solution to a non-existent problem.

#12 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Why bother?  It'd be a fake explanation of the solution to a non-existent problem.

That's the point. Clearly these are people actually responding; I want to see what they say.

Social experimentation?

#13 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,408 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

Should have left the link Chaos, I had changed it to a surprise lmao!

Aww damn, you shoulda told me. :)

Next time I'll check. :D

And yeah, the social experimentation is something that interests me as well.  I'm fascinated to know if this kind of thing actually works.  And what the approach is.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users