• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PHETZ

PHETZ

Initiate

• Quark
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:13 PM

Has anyone here had any recent experience with the cheap IPS displays from Korea? I'm talking specifically about the ones that use (IIRC) LG panels in cheaper enclosures. I know they used to be of questionable build quality, however it seems that there are now many more brands/models on the market and I'm wondering if this has increased competition enough to change the game. Additionally, it seems you can now buy "pixel perfect" displays that are guaranteed to have no stuck/dead pixels, which wasn't an option years ago when I last perused the range.

I'm happy to forgo the fancy stands and built-in speakers/USB ports to save some cash and still have a decent panel in terms of colour and resolution.

Any tips, comments or criticisms would be extremely helpful.

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,844 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:38 AM

LG panels have always been some of the best; if you can prove they are, I'd be pretty keen to try one for cheap.

That said; how cheap?

MSY have been selling 24" IPS screens on and off for sub $200.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 17,932 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

LG panels have always been some of the best; if you can prove they are, I'd be pretty keen to try one for cheap.

That said; how cheap?
MSY have been selling 24" IPS screens on and off for sub $200.

https://forums.whirl...s.cfm?t=2404455

They're not the bargain they once were at the 27" tier, but at 30" you can still make some savings if you're prepared to take the risk.
SyDjDDk.png [retro swim] | AzpUvwG.png @retroswimau | q5O6HgO.png +RetroSwim
四時半を待っています!

#4 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,336 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:02 PM

Currently using this one

http://www.aocmonito...lay.php?id=5099

Seems ok but I do miss the 16:10 aspect ratio of my old Dell Ultrasharp U2412M which suddenly totally stopped working. Just couldn't afford the $459.00 for the Dell after having to replace my mobo and Video card as well.

The AOC was $259.00.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#5 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,844 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:28 AM

AOC were a huge name over here in about 2006~7 when LCD's were just coming into fashion.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users