• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

How is security on Mobile Devices? Been tempted to buy some stuff through my Mobile Phone but not sure if it is encrypted like on a normal PC.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#2 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:21 PM

Through a browser or an app? For the former you should only purchase from websites that use SSL (look for a green padlock in the URL bar) as you would on a PC. For the latter, only use apps that are provided by recognised companies (and preferably redirect to PayPal).

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#3 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

Through a browser or an app? For the former you should only purchase from websites that use SSL (look for a green padlock in the URL bar) as you would on a PC. For the latter, only use apps that are provided by recognised companies (and preferably redirect to PayPal).

What about others things like accommodation and airfares?

I use a Windows Phone and the browser is crap ,probably use apps and such.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#4 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

Same rules as ios and Android, use official apps and if the app looks dodgy don't load it.

Cortana at your service

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users