3 replies to this topic

#1 Laudern

Laudern

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

Hi,

Having thrown my massive collection of Hyper/n64 gamer and pc powerplay away a few years ago, I've had a brainwave.

Could it be at all be possible for Next Media to release digital collections of the old magazines? I'm just thinking out aloud here but you could sell them as year collections or group a few years together and price it for $10 or whatever figure you think it will be successful at.

What do you think?

Edited by Laudern, 22 May 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,798 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

we've talked about similar things in the past.

Apparently its actually quite hard to do, since the files are in publisher, have linked documents, distributed content, blah blah blah.

I assumed it would be 'release a bunch of .PUB or .PDF files' too, but apparently not.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,502 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

The alternate method is just scanning to PDF.  But file version mags and manuals especially that aren't searchable or support traditional copy/paste are a giant PITA.

#4 Laudern

Laudern

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

So the chances of this happening are next to none? Such a shame. I know I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users