• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:45 PM

Forums ? What are they and what do these forums mean to you ?

For me its a place where one can participate in discussion and ask advice. But it seems that some in these forums do not quite understand that.

A couple of weeks ago i was kicked in guts by some comments which left me kind of ill feeling ,so i took a break.

The comments that hurt me was over getting advice on a computer build.

So what are Forums?

“meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged”

But when one encounters phrases like ;

“When someone, a professional, comes through, who IS 100% informed, you don't turn down their advice. “

Then it changes the whole scenario about what forums stand for ,don't they.

Then followed by;

“That's called being a rude, timewaster, and you wonder why people are pissed?”

But as I wanted to know why in certain instances that I needed such and such part.

“ You ask about RAM, we advise, you decide to ignore it and get more (at least for another bunch of posts)

You ask about PSU, we explain its bad to overkill; yet you continue to do so for at least 3 more posts, again! “

Is this open discussion or pointed views ?

Then I mentioned I wanted to use a particular supplier and things got really nasty as this person had issues with this Supplier I use. He then berates me forcing me to comply with his instructions by using another ,anything other that what I use.

Is this freedom choice? Is this how we should behave in the forums to berate someone so bad they almost left the forums for good.

Why have forums if we cannot discuss things in an open form. Coming in too these forums and berating posters for their comments for not living up too another posters views is called “ Bullying” and its bad for the forums in any respect.

Yes i have my PC Built for me and its sitting in its box still ,the response from these forums make me feel so guilty that i want no part of it. For now.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#2 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

“ You ask about RAM, we advise, you decide to ignore it and get more (at least for another bunch of posts)

You ask about PSU, we explain its bad to overkill; yet you continue to do so for at least 3 more posts, again! “

Is this open discussion or pointed views ?

Using the ever so common car analogy, If you have a car built for 95RON, there is no discussion.

Yes 91RON will make it ping and cause damage.

No, 98RON wont make it run any better, it doesnt magically know to 'add more advance' because it has other fuel in it.

It runs on what it runs on.

Put 95RON in it.

So, to answer that:

It's neither pointed views, NOR open discussion;

-Its cold hard fact.

Your PC will use X amount of power, so you get a PSU that keeps it above 75% load, but below 90%.

Simple.

Then I mentioned I wanted to use a particular supplier and things got really nasty as this person had issues with this Supplier I use.

Yeah, why did you get so nasty?

You had at least 5 people recommending reliable, much cheaper suppliers, yet you just continued to slam your head into the wall again and again.

Eventually you told the people giving you free advice and guidance to back off.

I'm not here to be attacked by brick headed people; so yep, I stopped helping.

He then berates me forcing me to comply with his instructions by using another ,anything other that what I use.

When was that?

The ONE time I linked you to PCCASEGEAR? (with no instructions even hinting "use these people")

Or the ONE time I linked you to FUTU? (once again, not telling you to, but simply commenting I have many times before and they're reputable?)

Berate, force, comply; sure are spinning a lot of words there mate. 99% of your quotes are mine, and I'm pretty sure everyones read that thread by now.

Let me ask you, how did I force you into something? I might need this mind control again in the future.

Is this freedom choice?

We offered you (between us members) up to five different locations to choose from; how many did you try to force us to use?

So far I count 1.

Nope, still 1.

Re reading the thread, nope, still seems like ONE.

"Is this freedom of choice?" Fuck no, mate.

You took that away from us, and as such limited our ability to help. For free.

People can't help you when you mind is already made up.

Why have forums if we cannot discuss things in an open form.

Just spend a few hours in teh green room in the most active comments, there is much, sometimes a little too much, open discussion. So this isn't a concern.

Coming in too these forums and berating posters for their comments for not living up too another posters views is called “ Bullying” and its bad for the forums in any respect.

Uh huh!

Dismissing and disrespecting peoples professional advice because it doesn't comply with your imaginary set of rules sucks. Starting to feel the whiplash of why you shouldn't do that?

Learning that when someone gives their time and knowledge freely, that you shouldn't act like you're owed something? Pay me, and I'll happily "agree" with your genius all day!

As for 'Bullying'? The very definition demands a position of power or authority.

Since most of that quote is me, when did I gain power and authority over you? It's cool to have, but how and when?

Yes i have my PC Built for me and its sitting in its box still ,the response from these forums make me feel so guilty that i want no part of it. For now.

So let me get this right...

You believe:

You are in the right?

You did nothing wrong\infuriating?

You didn't ignore factually better advice?

So riddle me this;

WHY do you feel guilty?

If you're so sure you're the one in the right, from where is this guilt flowing?

If you implying the other 5 or so people helping you were in the wrong, why are none of us feeling guilty?

Are you suggesting all 5 of us are sociopaths?

Guilt cannot flow, from where guilt does not exist.

I expect this to get locked quick smart; since really it seems more like a very specific and personal complaint, than Website Feedback;

But there you have it.

Edited by Master_Scythe, 18 July 2016 - 05:00 PM.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,309 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

Specs of the new computer?

I bogged out of that thread, it was becoming a farce.

Like people said, ask a question, get good advice and then just proceed to totally ignore it.

Get good price advice then take the quick, easy but 1/3rd more expensive route.

Then get the machine in your hands, only to leave it in the box, which effectively makes a mockery of any strategy to pay more to get it into your hands quickly.

/walks away, shaking head, muttering WTFnF?

#4 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,696 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:40 PM

Then get the machine in your hands, only to leave it in the box, which effectively makes a mockery of any strategy to pay more to get it into your hands quickly.

I didnt even think of that..... geez.....

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#5 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,774 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

Don't leave codecreeper. Just find a way ... if you like the place. Seriously this place has housed all sorts over the years.

Fair enough if you don't want to post now and then, but shit you know what it's like by now ;)

... I'm just relieved I'm not the culprit this time :P

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#6 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 42,962 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

I don't know what the fuck this is even meant to achieve at this point.

You can't have a discussion if you refuse to be open to a discussion.

You've been guilty yourself of, to use your words, bullying people and making pointed views.

If you wanted to actually try and sort this out, codecreeper, you'd have dealt with it privately.  This?  This is asking for criticism.  You seem to struggle with criticism.  So again... I don't know what this is meant to achieve.

If you want a break, have a break.  If you want to leave, leave.  If you want to stay, stay.  If you want to have a meaningful discussion about forums and feedback and you're happy to take as well as give criticism, then you'll probably need to stay.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users