8 replies to this topic

#1 phenomenal187

phenomenal187

Learner

• Quark
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:12 PM

The Mrs need a new phone but she smashes 'em faster than Hulk smashes Loki

Anyone have a recommendation for an android based phone that is basically unbreakable?

The last one I got her is a DOOGEE X5, same as mine, which I've had for about a month longer, and mine is still pristine. Still has the factory cover on it. Hers is a smashed crab, even though the phone is made with Gorilla Glass.

I honestly dont get how she does it, I had an LG L5 for years before this, also gorilla glass, never broke it, but she managed to set it on fire plugging it in. THATS the kinda tomfoolery I'm dealing with.

So, fireproof, waterproof, smashproof, hulk proof, droids, in 3, 2,

Cheers

Edited by phenomenal187, 19 July 2016 - 08:12 PM.

Personal: ASUS Z170-K, i5 6600k, 16GB RAM, 4GB ASUS STRIX, 8.1

Lounge: ASUS P5G41C-M LX, Dual Core E6500 (2.9 o/c'ed at 3.2), 8GB RAM, 1GB GT220, Win8.1

Mrs: The Kraptop by ASUS

#2 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

Gorilla Glass is only going to help with impact perpendicular to the display. Once you hit it from the side it's gone. You'll need a case to get around that limitation.

As for phone advice, that depends on your budget. You can get a Nexus 5X pretty darn cheap these days.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#3 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:45 PM

I think it's atrocious you blame your wife for what obviously are faulty devices ! :P

I once washed my partner's phone. It did about five minutes of a washing cycle. He opened it up and allowed it to dry out for about three weeks ( we live in the tropics )

put it back together and hey presto it worked ! An older samsung ( clam shell ) it was :)

Edited by eveln, 19 July 2016 - 08:45 PM.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#4 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,716 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:07 PM

Might be better off getting a $40 cheapie.

Or get one of those military type phone cases though they're sort of the polar opposite of the usual butterfly and encrusted fake jewel types that teh gurlz like.

Griffin-Survivor-Military-Grade-Apple-iP

Edited by Rybags, 19 July 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#5 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:40 PM

I think it's atrocious you blame your wife for what obviously are faulty devices ! :P

I once washed my partner's phone. It did about five minutes of a washing cycle. He opened it up and allowed it to dry out for about three weeks ( we live in the tropics )
put it back together and hey presto it worked ! An older samsung ( clam shell ) it was :)

You can also pull it apart and put it in the oven at 100c for 5 minutes (minus the battery). That's what I did last time. :P

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#6 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,926 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

If you're on optus, get the Oppo F1.

Its down to $199 prepaid, and comes with a Gel TPU case in the box.

Order a better one :P (case)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#7 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:59 AM

Motorola Droid Turbo 2?

(Yes it's very pricey LOL)

Edited by Jeruselem, 20 July 2016 - 11:00 AM.

Cortana at your service

#8 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,926 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

I'm currently ordering a Xaiomi Note 3 Pro 3GB-Ram model (snapdragon) from geekbuying.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#9 pumpjockey02

pumpjockey02

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:59 PM

I have the sony m5 aqua it was just 350 and I got a glass cover faceplate and a soft clamshell case. Its the bomb, its a great mid priced phone, waterproof as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users