Photo

HDD only 20Gb on eBook - no space for W10?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,840 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

If it were me, I'd use another computer and select the "Download for another computer" option to get the ISO.

I'd then install it, and skip the CD key step.

Id then call microsoft and say I use assistive technologies and I'm having trouble activating.

Be careful with this, if it's 8.1 with Bing it doesn't have a key. At all. So it needs to have the upgrade done first otherwise it won't activate.

Source: fallen victim to this myself

Wont activate ONLINE.

Phone calls still work :)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#22 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

Some machines have the key embedded in bios for windows

Cortana at your service

#23 Kothos

Kothos

Titan

• Atomican
  • 17,002 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

If it were me, I'd use another computer and select the "Download for another computer" option to get the ISO.

I'd then install it, and skip the CD key step.

Id then call microsoft and say I use assistive technologies and I'm having trouble activating.

Be careful with this, if it's 8.1 with Bing it doesn't have a key. At all. So it needs to have the upgrade done first otherwise it won't activate.

Source: fallen victim to this myself

Wont activate ONLINE.

Phone calls still work :)

That's what I've got - with Bing - didn't even know until I looked it up recently.  So I need to call Microsoft after performing the upgrade?

"To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny." - Quentin Crisp

#24 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,840 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

Yep, you use the 'activate now' and it'll fail.

You phone support and tell them it wont activate.

DON'T mention its 'BING!' because you're not actually eligible.

Just play dumb, and eventually they'll sort it out. They WANT you on windows 10, so they're not too restrictive in my experience :)

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users