3 replies to this topic

#1 joemeow

joemeow

Initiate

• Quark
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Hello,
My cousin & i live 35KM away & we wanna play games with each other besides over the games internet options.

I've heard about a VPN & it sounds perfect. The only problem is that i have no idea how to set one up!

I searched my query on google & found some guides by PureVPN to setup VPN on windows, XBox, apple tv, ps4 etc.

But the question is do i require extra hardware? I'm running vista and my friend is running xp, there is also a friend who wants to join us & he is running xp.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Edited by joemeow, 07 November 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#2 Dasa

Dasa

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:43 AM

no hardware needed beyond the internet connection

its been a long time but i use to use hamachi for this

Edited by Dasa, 08 November 2016 - 07:43 AM.

Silverstone TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2100\9600MHz  -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme  - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM
Parts Guide

#3 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,532 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

Tunngle is the 'go to' to replace Hamachi.

EVOLVE is a great platform if you're JUST going to use it to game.

So is GARENA Plus

Though, I just looked, and HAMACHI has brought back the "Free" option, for up to 5 clients.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#4 Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,776 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:15 AM

I've always found https://www.gameranger.com/ to be a great option, they do some kind of magical monkeypatching and automation to get tonnes of old games to work over their client, and when gamespy went down they ported a bunch of game to work on their system. However, I recommend using a throwaway password. It's been a while, but the last time I forgot my gameranger password they emailed it to me in plaintext, so I don't know if they salt and hash their passwords correctly.
Kablez- You can only beat a brick wall with so many sticks until... you wasted all your time collecting and breaking sticks against a wall... Tantryl- Knowledge is the new power, but will never provide a stable baseload as cost effective as burning puppies. mm80x: I allege that Sir substance must be from the internet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users