Photo

The ongoing victimisation of specific members of our community.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Juggalo Scrub

Juggalo Scrub

Titan

• Hero
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

From http://news.ninemsn.....aspx?id=670744

Over a dozen Canadian high school students have been suspended for attacking a redheaded teen because of his hair colour after a Facebook group inspired by South Park was formed to encourage the practice.

The 15-year-old was set upon in the change rooms at his high school in Calgary after gym class and suffered bruising to his upper body.

"The fact of the matter is, from a policing perspective it is a hate crime and this individual was targeted because of the fact they have red hair," a police spokesman told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

Two 12-year-old girls with red hair were also attacked and kicked repeatedly by older classmates on the same day, following the promotion of Kick A Ginger Day on Facebook.

Investigators are linking the phenomenon to a 2005 South Park episode that deals with Cartman's persecution of kids with red hair and fair complexions.

One student said kicking attacks on "gingers" was widespread on the day.

"I have a few buddies with red hair you just kick them lightly as a joke, but when it gets carried away that's not cool," he said.

The attacks have created a storm on Facebook, with friends and victims posting about events as groups for and against the ginger-kicking practice proliferate.

"In my city 13 kids jumped a redhead all from the same school, (all) have been suspended with possible hate crime charges pending," writes Karl Knudsen-Amm from Calgary at the "Kick A Ginger" group page.

"I hope they all get it cause this is bloody pathetic."

US high school student Taylor Nicole Samuel is credited as Kick A Ginger Day group founder and reveals in her profile that the South Park episode was her inspiration.

"Last year, I ran across alot of 'Ginger Awareness Groups' (so) I decided to make a Kick A Ginger Day based on a South Park episode," she wrote.

"A friend reminded me last week, asking me 'hey Taylor, when is that kick a ginger day thing? Are you doing it again?'

"I had an epiphany, not only is it for SHS students, but I'm making it global."

Other groups like 'Who Thinks Kick A Ginger Day Is Stupid?' have attracted hundreds of members while 'Gingers Bring A Gun On Kick A Ginger Day' says it is "time to stand up for ourselves! Day walkers welcome. Like Obama its time for a change, RED POWER!"

Not much really gives me the shits, but this does. I find it disgraceful that this kind of shit goes on, especially in schools.

Don't these people think of the poor students who have been affected by this? Children should not be suspended over things like this, but rather they need to come together as one group and discuss tolerance and understanding for the differences that these children were being unfairly discriminated over.

Its absolutely terrible, students being suspended for nothing more than taking part in Kick a Ginger Day. Hopefully the school will rethink the suspension of these children for doing nothing more than following legitimate customs in line with their beliefs.
"To be is to do" - Socrates "To do is to be" - Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

#2 800_series

800_series

Guru

• Atomican
  • 10,024 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

I know a kid with red hair, but jeez we don't kick him, the poor guy had enough trouble when him and a friend got jumped.
Brought to you by the Minister for Cyborgs and Violent Cyborg Military Forces. Quote by hectorbustnuts Everything you post makes me "ROFL". Usually caused by concussing myself after a few minutes of smashing head against the desk.

#3 Gir

Gir

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

Not that you have anything to worry about Juggs.

Is there any room in this pocket for a little spare Chang?

#4 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,040 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

What happen to them? Back in my day, if you gave a redhead shit, they usually snapped and broke you in half

...but then everything changed when the fire nation attacked

#5 Guest_MrInsaneBuff_*

Guest_MrInsaneBuff_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

I could understand attacking ginger dude's, their freaky. But ginger girls? Thats just wrong! Facebook and myspace are enablers for stupidity. I wonder how the members of the 'kick a ginger" group would feel getting investigated by their federal police, like they do with the neo nazi's and what not. A hate group against gingers is just a baby version of the others out there. What gets me is that these people/kids dont see what it is that they are doing wrong.

#6 Juggalo Scrub

Juggalo Scrub

Titan

• Hero
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

Not that you have anything to worry about Juggs.

Not at all *cracks knuckles*

:)
"To be is to do" - Socrates "To do is to be" - Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

#7 The Manta

The Manta

Titan

• Banned
  • 25,624 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

It'll come back to bite them when they find out that redheads apparently go off in the sack :P
Taking a break for a while. Those who I want to find me, you know how.

#8 Juggalo Scrub

Juggalo Scrub

Titan

• Hero
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:49 AM

What happen to them? Back in my day, if you gave a redhead shit, they usually snapped and broke you in half

I know! You'd be pretty game to give the rangas at our school shit, they'd fucking stab you with a broken chairleg!

We had a ranga teacher who would throw tables and chairs across the room at students. Top bloke, but he had that fire in his crotch belly!

#9 Guest_MrInsaneBuff_*

Guest_MrInsaneBuff_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

It'll come back to bite them when they find out that redheads apparently go off in the sack :P

The girls do, at any rate. Cant speak about the guys from experience. But a ginger guy i work with is one of the randiest people i know. But he's scottish as well, so its hard to pin it down entirely to being a ginger.

#10 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:56 AM

This kicking thing, it only applies to natural redheads, I assume.

Its absolutely terrible, students being suspended for nothing more than taking part in Kick a Ginger Day. Hopefully the school will rethink the suspension of these children for doing nothing more than following legitimate customs in line with their beliefs.

I see what you did thar :-) edit: "there!" I meant to type "there!" :-(

What does kicking redheads achieve, anyway? A cause with no substance to it, how strange! :-)

Edited by elvenwhore, 24 November 2008 - 11:57 AM.

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#11 Gir

Gir

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,424 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:56 AM

lol @ fire crotch.

Is there any room in this pocket for a little spare Chang?

#12 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,226 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

Just goes to show the mentality of some people today. You could have someone on a popular show eat dogshit and they'd do it too.

#13 Guest_MrInsaneBuff_*

Guest_MrInsaneBuff_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

Just goes to show the mentality of some people today.

You could have someone on a popular show eat dogshit and they'd do it too.

Yes but how would you get Paris to do it in the first place?

#14 Juggalo Scrub

Juggalo Scrub

Titan

• Hero
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

Just goes to show the mentality of some people today.

You could have someone on a popular show eat dogshit and they'd do it too.

They did it on Getaway last week, except they called it "Genuine New Zealand Cuisine" :)

#15 kikz

kikz

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,502 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

fuckers. I kick back.

#16 PhR33X

PhR33X

Champion

• Super Hero
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

I dated a ranga once. Wild.
Truth, Justice and the Atomic way

#17 plebsmacker

plebsmacker

Titan

• Hero
  • 25,776 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

#18 jojo

jojo

Overlord

• Lurker
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

last dude that called my bro a ginger had his fucking goon face knocked in, was so gold :p dude walks past *points* ha ha ginger brother turns smacks face *continues to walk* dude starts crying :D

#19 lunchbox1988

lunchbox1988

Guru

• Atomican
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

Man, I don't pick on gingers, my old man told me this special thought; Never pick on Drunks, kids or redheads. I replied with; Why? He said; "Drunks sober up, kids grow up and Rangas go apeshit and kill motherfuckers!"

#20 Negotiator

Negotiator

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

The only bad thing about gingers is the girls pussy smell bad
To see To bleed Cannot be taught In turn You're making us Fucking hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users