• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 863 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

K so I'm doing a huge upgrade ,just wondering if I need more juice or will my 650 CPU do the job ,going to get a Vega in the future

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#2 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,097 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

If this is your CPU ...

http://ark.intel.com...-Cache-3_20-GHz

Yeah, get a Ryzen or new Intel.

MTM NBN with FTTP/FTTH, FTTN, FTTC/FTTdp, HFC and Satellite. Buffering included

#3 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,097 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

650 I'm pretty sure refers to the power supply he has - NFI what CPU.  It seems strange to post system specs with emphasis only on case, PSU and monitor.

The things aren't in the wild yet so who knows - but supposedly with TDP around 65 Watts for some of the decent gear it might be the case that 650 is overkill.

Then again you need to consider the graphics card, and in some cases moreso than the CPU.  Put a pair of slightly older crossfired high-end Radeons and it starts looking inadequate.

That said, here's hoping they lift the game with their graphics cards too, it's somewhat disappointing that an AMD 360 card performs something like 40% worse than a GTX 960 yet sucks more power in doing so.

#4 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 863 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

sorry guys wrote that on my phone fxxxxxx spell check must have changed it yes i was refaring to the psu.im looking at getting a 6 core ryzen,and the new vega GPU i know these havnt been relaesed yet just getting prepared

some people worry bout the splinter in an others eye and forget about the log in there own

Cooler Master Cosmos SE case, ,Corsair HX 650 w ,Corsair H 100i Cooler , ,ASUS MG279Q 27inch WQHD IPS FreeSync Monitor

#5 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,097 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

Ah yes the spell checker changed PSU to CPU which like changed meaning of the sentence.

I've had to turn off autocorrect on my Android device because it keeps on doing strange things.

Edited by Jeruselem, 16 February 2017 - 04:18 PM.

#6 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 863 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

Oh and the reason why i dont have full specs of my now rig is because ive sold most of it lol and what i have listed is what i have left .So sorry for any confusion

#7 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,097 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

So it's a case with a PSU, CPIU heat sink and a monitor but no GPU, CPU, mobo or RAM?

Edited by Jeruselem, 17 February 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#8 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

yes I have a  case with a PSU nfi what a CPUI is lol i have a h100i cooler as well,no mobo no ram and no GPU   ive got a good monitor mouse and a posiodon keyboard

#9 Roscosity

Roscosity

Learner

• Quark
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

650w should definitely be enough for a new ryzen cpu, but it will depend on your graphics card update too.

If you go for an aftermarket card, then it will depend on your purposes (intense gaming/ multimedia)

If you're just looking at something like a GTX1060 G1 Gaming, that might be a pretty decent upgrade?

Roscosity | Gigabyte ANZ Community Manager

#10 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

650w should definitely be enough for a new ryzen cpu, but it will depend on your graphics card update too.

If you go for an aftermarket card, then it will depend on your purposes (intense gaming/ multimedia)

If you're just looking at something like a GTX1060 G1 Gaming, that might be a pretty decent upgrade?

Thanks mate im just going to make do with the onboard graphics  for now until the new Vega comes out ,i recon ill even get an asrock mobo with crosfire so i can get another one in the future .

Edited by redrob, 27 February 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#11 Roscosity

Roscosity

Learner

• Quark
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Good choice, the Vega hype is getting unreal, but hopefully AMD delivers :) at least for amazing 1080p gaming value.

Roscosity | Gigabyte ANZ Community Manager

#12 redrob

redrob

Master

• Atomican
  • 863 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

build put on hold till july ,that should be time for amd to sort out there teething problems ,and vega weill be in full swing .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users